ID:2382883

(See the best response by Ter13.)
I’m away from my home desktop but I’m still theorizing on some combat design for my project. I’d like for certain phases of my combat system to allow for a slow-motion effect for all involved in or viewing the engagement, without slowing down others. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Best response
Localized time distortion is exceedingly absurd to implement to any level for obvious reasons.

If you are going to do anything, the whole thing is going to have to slow down for the people involved from the perspective of everyone else.
In response to Ter13
And that’s my intention. I don’t mind them seeing it in slow-motion. So long as I’m not effecting the speeds of people not involved. I ask that because the only thing that comes to mind is world tick and I don’t think that is the way to go about it.
Sounds like you might want to do some plane and screen-object kung-fu. Like, making a screen-object and altering that for slow-motion on another plane.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Sounds like you might want to do some plane and screen-object kung-fu. Like, making a screen-object and altering that for slow-motion on another plane.

Would that be necessary? I don't mind if other's see them in slow motion. For the most part any involved in the fight would be affected too. I suppose, worst case scenario, I could just create icon_states that flick slower during these phases, but would that really be the best way?

In response to Ko Senpai
It sounds like you just want a region where everything, such as movement and cooldowns, simply happens slower. If that's the case, then it's mostly doable, except that there are things that you can't slow down automatically such as icon animations.