ID:2385790

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Hi! I just downloaded BYOND and i tryed to play Space Station 13 but i can't because it says my Dream Seeker is too far out of date but later it says: Your game starts shortly but it doesn't start. I accepted BYOND in firewall and i just put it in exeptions in my antivirus (For error i pressed "Deny Program" but i don't know if putting it in exceptions would work)
Im using the last version of BYOND: 511.1385 stable and it says i need Dream Seeker version 512, what can i do? i need to install the Beta version?

Sorry if my english is not good, im spanish
Best response
511 is the latest stable version, meaning it is the most recent version that is not considered a beta.

512 is the beta version, and the most recent build is 512.1440. Many SS13 servers are now using features specific to version 512. In spite of the fact that 511 is the official stable build, so many fixes have gone into 512 that in many ways it's a lot more stable--especially with the newest release.

Since you've already installed BYOND, to download the beta version all you have to do is open the BYOND pager. You'll see an icon that is two arrows moving in a circle. Next to it, it says "Your BYOND version is up to date.". Above that it says "Stable" and "Beta"; click "Beta" and then click "Update".