by Orange55
Ichizoku
An upcoming pvp game featuring mandatory guild warfare
ID:2392555

Version 0.06 is finally done!

ver 0.06
August 17th, 2018

bug fixes:
  • fixed a bug with chat bubbles where an improper font was being used.
  • fixed a bug in the inventory system that resulted in an improper user error being thrown while hosting a server.
  • fixed a bug where hud icons didn't update correctly

additions:
  • added "clear" function to the side panel (clears chat logs)
  • inventory items now display when they are equipped in the stat panel
  • hovering over a player now displays his username (previously always displayed)
  • username displays now take advantage of the "text shadow" feature
  • clicking on a player now outputs a description of his character
  • created new base icon
  • created new pants icon
  • created new shirt icon
  • created new sandals icon
  • game now has a custom mouse cursor

notes:

I started out this update by patching a couple of annoying bugs, but I quickly lost motivation because I just wasn't sure what I should be adding next. I started playing some of my favorite fan games from BYOND and that seemed to help me with my motivation. As such, NNG gave me quite a bit of inspiration for this update.

After opening up the game today I decided to just completely overhaul the look of the character (base) icon and completely redo his clothing and hair.
I'm actually pretty satsisfied with the change. I hated the placeholder animations and the new base does everything cleaner than before.
the new base now sports animations that are similar to the NNG base from years ago. this was intentional, as I always preferred NNG's animation style to other BYOND games.
The height of the base hasn't changed, but the limbs have been reworked to feel a bit cleaner. This also shows on the overlays (clothing).

It took me quite a long time to get the base done, but I still thought that this update should include a couple of additional goodies.
So I changed the username display and made it fancier with a couple new features. I also added a custom mouse cursor for the game and revised a couple things on the inventory system.

After I finished ver 0.06, I decided to update the game's hub page to look a bit better and made a couple of changes to the wording.

(Here is what the mouse cursor looks like)

I've decided to go ahead and backup this version of the game, as I feel that I've made sufficient progress to consider this a checkpoint. I've also updated the host files on the website so that people can
give it a try if they want to.

That's all for now,
Orange