ID:2393180

(See the best response by Maximus_Alex2003.)
Hi everyone, it's my first time writing in this forum. Greetings to all originals developers ^^

I am having issues to host any BYOND game, it started since 2 weeks ago, in the beginning I thought that I was having some issue with my internet provider, however after talking with him, I Saw that all my ports are abiable (Also I did a "pass-through" to me router) and I disable the firewall and the antivirus but I still are no able to host any game.

I was talking with others users who also hosted games 2 weeks before (also they live on another countries), but (today to be specific) the cannot host any BYOND game, like Angel Falls and Proelium (yes, I know that is a old game but in my opinio is a classic :D)

Despite that I was searinch in the forum, I didnīt see any information that could give a a light in to solve my question, I have been reading the BYOND news since a long time however I didnīt see any clue.

I am confused and also a bit discouraged, because I really like BYOND since I met BYOND on 2.008 (man, I am old T_T hehe) and the most awesome characteristic that have BYOND in my opinion, is the easy way that it gives to the user to "give to life" any game that is in aviable to downlaod in any BYOND HUD.

Whatever clue, phrase or any kind of information that you can give my, I will be grateful. Have a nice day!

Okay, let's get some of that spaghetti cleared up.

You should never disable firewall/antivirus to allow something to happen. Either add exceptions or figure out alternate firewall/antivirus if they don't properly work.

I'm going to assume though it has nothing to do with your firewall/antivirus.
What is the problem you're facing? So you opened up Dream Daemon, you unziped the host files, you opened the .dmb and you set your port to the ports you port-forwarded in your router and what does it tell you?

Does it say something along the lines of your port cannot be reached?

Do me a favor, use http://canyouseeme.org/ and let us know what it tells you.

Also, just for giggles: Are you connected to a router that's connected to another router? Most common scenario would be you are WiFi on a Router that is plugged into a Modem/Router combo.
Hi, yeah, my first message is a mix, I had a lot of things on my head after try a many ways to host :S

Ok, right now the firewall is managed by my Antivirus (McAfee).

The messages tha appear when I am trying to host are:

lol, I correct what I said, I have only 1 modem, the Technicolor TC8305C.

The most strange is that, it was working fine 2 weeks ago, suddenly I cannot host any more. Thanks to take your time in response to me ^^
Best response
Sounds like maybe you're using Dyanmic IP addresses and your IP address changed? It's not showing your port is forwarded.

Can you show/check your port-forward for your router and verify it's forwarded to your IP and the ports used are the ones you're trying?
Hi again, I would like show you the configuration on my modem but, unfortunately I don't have access to it, to open the ports I had to phone my Internet provider company (after a lot of calls), so for this reason I cannot show it.

I will call again and ask which is the IP that are actually assigned in the modem when they opened the ports.

Also, yesterday I used the "ipconfig/all" command on cmd and where is the IPv info was showed 192.168.1.3 (Preferred), but when I used the Control Panel, it was setted the option "Get a IP direction automatically" so I configure all of this again to use only one ip, so I will call to me internet company provider and I will tell you what they said to me :)

Finally, I am a little bit confused, in order to the ports works correctly, I have to set as static the internal or external IP address of my modem? or is only necessary set the internal IP as static?
And if I cannot set my external ip as static (because it's only possible for a company if I am no wrong) I have to open my port again each time that the external ip change? I know that are a lot of questions, I hope that I can express myself correctly :P
No, you can set your IP as dyanmic or as static, neither will affect your inability to host. The only difference basically is if you're set static your IP should never change (ie. 192.168.1.#).

Without access to your own hardware it's really going to be hard to guide you further than contacting your ISP. :\