ID:2402247

Hello!

I've got an interesting dilemma. I am creating a roleplaying game and one of the key features I want to include is a rewarding system based on the quality/frequency of a player's roleplays. Essentially it is supposed to be an automated system and remove the need to have 2-3 admins actively review player logs and go through days or weeks of roleplaying to determine adequate rewards. Instead you'd need one to just monitor for potential abuses of the system.

Now, I'm not asking for someone to just make it for me, but if anyone has any experience with this type of thing (or if its even possible) I'd greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. I'd considered using a basic filter with a list of various words I'd look for, length of the roleplays, etc and define values based on that and just have the game assign points that way but it felt too... Rigid/weak. I'm not even sure if the type of system I am envisioning it even possible in BYOND so this is really more of a brainstorming thing for me at present.
That seems like a really difficult think to quantify for an automated scoring system considering length of RP doesn't necessarily mean quality RP.

Maybe consider something like an upvote/downvote system for players?

Encourage players to vote on other players RP's being positive or negative to the experience. Incentivize getting voted positively, and also incentivize voting for other players to actually encourage the act?

Basically you want players to actively want to vote on the RP's of other players. But you also want players to strive to get positive votes as well.

Making sure, obviously, to check players' IP and CID to avoid players gaming the system. But don't stress too much over it because you'll never find a way to completely stop someone from cheating who wants to cheat it.