ID:2412315

Resolved
In the map editor, Alt+drag now sets pixel offsets instead of step offsets when "nudge as pixels" is on.
BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 70.0.3538.102
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When "Nudge as Pixels" was selected in the map editor, Alt+click and Alt+drag still set step_x/y coordinates instead of pixel_x/y. Additionally, nudge left changes step_x.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1-2

Expected Results:
When Nudge as Pixels is enabled, Alt+Click, Alt+Drag, & Nudging should not change step_x/y

Actual Results:
Alt+Click & Alt+Drag w/ Nudge as Pixels Enabled (Ignore cursor - there was a problem in recording the .gif)
AltClick AltDrag photo 2018-11-20_20-02-26.gif

The alternative was to possibly place the object as normal on the map, then use the nudge hotkeys. This works in all cases except Nudge Left.

Nudge Left:
Nudge Left photo 2018-11-20_21-38-53.gif

Nudge Right:
Nudge Right photo 2018-11-20_21-40-18.gif

Nudge Right, Nudge Up, Nudge Down work as intended.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Will test further and follow-up on the latest working version.

Workarounds:
Unknown

I thought http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2195204 was resolved, that's why I made a new one.
Can you retest this in 512? I'd like to know if this has already been dealt with or not.
It seems to still be present in 512.1454.
I can't find any evidence in the code that nudging left does step offsets when "nudge as pixels" is on. The Alt behavior is something that simply wasn't implemented though.

I was hoping you could verify whether all the issues in your report were still active or not. This is of course the problem with including multiple items in a report.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
In the map editor, Alt+drag now sets pixel offsets instead of step offsets when "nudge as pixels" is on.
I can confirm that this has been resolved. I know you said that you were unable to find anything on the nudge left, but I am no longer seeing that issue in this version(512.1455).

There is one more thing left that I think might need addressed, and that is on the placement of something on the map when using the alt+click(step_x/y are affected when "Nudge as Pixels" is enabled. I will write up a separate bug report for that, as I wasn't entirely clear when it was happening).

Placing something on the map, then using the select tool w/ alt+drag works as intended now with your fix, so thank you very much :)

Another thanks to Mport on Discord for helping me troubleshoot this issue.