ID:2420085
 
BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 71.0.3578.98
Applies to:Dream Maker
Status: Open

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Sometimes image distortion or loss will occur in the new editor when I copy and paste from a separate file.

Example:
File A is empty.
File B is what I copy an image from.

This tends to happen when the files have two different dimensions (width and height).

Sometimes trash data is created forcing me to completely delete the culprit file.

This info seems to get stored because it will cause the project to crash every time I attempt this with the culprit file.

This is all I have to go on.

Other info:
Frame size of the images in question are 120x120, 64x64 or 32x32.
This has occurred with all these dimensions.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:


Expected Results:

Actual Results:
Trash data, shutdown of project, (usually via app hang or freezing)

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Once a file is corrupted, in any way, it occurs every time without fail.
In other games?
No clue.
In other user accounts?
Not sure.
On other computers?
Not sure.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
So far, both versions of 512 that I've used.

Workarounds:
Completely delete the file that causes the issues.
Can you give me exact numbered steps to reproduce this? E.g., something like this:

1) Open an icon with 128x128 size and one icon state in the file.
2) Select and copy that icon state (Ctrl+C).
3) Open an icon with 64x64 size.
4) Paste (Ctrl+V).

I don't know if that set of steps produces this or not; that's just an example. But if you could lay it out with specificity that'd be hugely helpful.
Hi,
It's been happening since the first day I updated to 512. So I'm not sure exactly what causes it.

So far, it's happened about 4-5 times. The circumstances I remember it occurring under were:

1) When I was trying to copy paste info from one .dmi file into another. I'm not sure if the size has anything to do with it, but this seemed to cause .dmi files to be corrupted sometimes--occasionally with ALL of the data simply disappearing.

2) Once while performing icon work, "garbage" data seemed to make it's way into the .dmi file. Once again, I had some other data copied to the clipboard and tried to select an image that had different dimensions than the data I had copied.

This caused the image I was working with to behave strangely.

3) Several times I would go to delete colors from the menu, and some colors simply would never delete from the picture --at all. This was remedied by deleting the file altogether and starting from scratch.

In all instances, once a .dmi was corrupted it either :
a) crashed when i tried to edit it in any way. This usually caused DM to shut down entirely.
b) The file wouldn't save on one occasion.
c) The visuals would screw up in some way, shape or form.
d) As I mentioned previously, sometimes data for a whole .dmi file would just vanish.


I'll try to note exactly what happens when/if it happens again. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Login to reply.