Woo Engine

by Woo
Woo Engine
Make your own game! No coding required. Just add your own map!
ID:2421888

Easy enough for a blob, powerful enough for an archmage.

Woo Engine v.0.1
This Engine is a combination of the best of my libraries, put together into one package. This project replaces my Adventure Maker library, with Woo Engine being the title it will go by going forward. It continues to be a library focused on unleashing the potential of BYOND for newcomers and expert game designers alike. Newcomers will find themselves accessing BYOND's power with no coding required! Experts will be glad to not have to reinvent the wheel.

Included in this release:
  • Atom Commands: This feature allows developers to define atom instances with various properties, including the trigger(s) to activate the atom's commands, and what commands the atom will run when activated. Mobs and objects come with some pre-sets available when placing objects onto the maps, but all the atom commands are customizable using mob and obj instances. Basically, this allows for many shortcuts to access code, from any atom, with various possible triggers. Commands currently include: Messages (using HUD windows), teleports, change client state (i.e. change client's movement type, such as "jump" for platformer movement, or "move" for pixel/gap-nudge movement), wait/sleep, end game, etc.
  • Atom Triggers: Atom commands can currently be triggered by any of the following: the "bump" trigger makes the atom's commands activate when a player bumps into the atom; "auto" activates as soon as the player enters that z level; "once" activates once when the world is generated, and is currently used by the maptext obj (with the pink letter icon, as seen in the editor); "start" activates the commands of the player_start_loc obj, if placed.
  • HUD Windows are included, as shown in the demo. These use maptext to display the message written in that atom's commands. They now also use a client state, one of the Engine's very important under-the-hood features.
  • Various movement options are more refined: Platformer movement includes more jump size variations, based on how long the player holds down the jump (Spacebar) key. Pixel movement (Gap-Nudge movement) is implemented as previously, and is the Engine's default movement type, though not shown in the Woo Engine v.0.1 demo. Menu movement is very much improved, allowing for various sizes of menus.
  • Various other sections of code, and many of my graphics and sounds, are included in the library. This is in preparation for future Woo Engine updates.
This project continues to be a work in progress, made possible by creators like you! Want to help out a BYOND library developer? You can! Become a patron to pledge your support! Your support makes this project possible.

Thank you for your help and interest!

Your Adventuring Companion,
Tyruswoo

Visit www.tyruswoo.com to check out my other work in game design!

Tyruswoo Official Site

Join the Tyruswoo BYOND community!
Tyruswoo BYOND YouTube Tyruswoo BYOND Patreon
Tyruswoo BYOND Site Tyruswoo BYOND Discord Chat
Only you can build your dreams.