Development News: Dev-athon
We buckled down this weekend and pushed out a ton of content and fixes. It's about time I sat down and really crammed in all the things that the community has brought up, and what has been plaguing the alpha test for a long time. It has been a long 48 hours of hardcore, non-stop development. Among the content this patch brings is a full crafting release, gathering, refining, a snazzy new intro cinematic, and four new levels.
This is all part of our polishing pass as we near ever closer to our impending doom - oops, I mean release.
You can read all about it below in the patch notes below. As always, enjoy, and I hope to see you in-game. :)
· Added crafting, professions include Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Tailor, Mining, Fishing, Cooking, Forestry
· Crafting UI elements
· Armor/weapon/tailor recipes
· Added gathering for some of the aforementioned professions. You will find fishing spots near creeks, ore in caves, trees in the woods, meat, cooking and hunting ingredients from monsters.
· Added refining for some of the professions. Ore for example can only be refined at a forge. Meat can only be cooked at a pot or stove.
· Added item stacking for certain items. Long overdue, but now necessary due to crafting requirements
· Several quests have been added in the area around Wakai Village.
· The main story quest now begins straight after character creation
· Added intro cinematic
· Added a lite tutorial when user exits the newbie cottage for the first time
· Shopkeepers no longer sell every item in the game. These must be created by players with the right crafting lvls.
· Fixed an issue with scroll bars if the incremental change wasn't maxed.
· Shortened animation when teleporting between maps
· Added scroll bar to professions window
· Added hover text tooltips to resource nodes. This is highlighting and displaying useful info
· Added oak tree resource node
· Enabled forestry profession
· Added rusty hatchet as forestry gathering tool
· Added 'focus' to hud elements to enable finer mouse scrolling.
· Added item previews in Recipe/Resource menu.
· Fixed a bug where zooming in was broken
· Added jeweller profession
· Fixed a bug with Oak Trees overlaying users info bars in combat
· Fixed a bug where players inventory wasn't closing when other UI elements were opened
· Changed crafting in bulk to take the resources as the item is crafted instead of at the start
· Modified Cooked Monster Meat recipe to base success rate of 85% instead of 40%
· Fixed a bug where the channel indicator was still saying "S" instead of "W" by default
· Fixed a bug where skills were not applying their damage range correctly
· Experimental fix to target client memory leaks. (removed animated filter effects on portal text, and teleporting player blur).
· Fixed an issue where chat would cause CPU spikes
· Fixed an issue where checking for most recent messages in chat would cause CPU spike.
· Fixed several issues with monster movement. It should be more streamlined now.
· Fixed an issue where several items were worth 0 gold.
· Fixed several issues related to the chatbox.
· You can now mousewheel to scroll in the chatbox.
· Fixed a bug with monster drops, where it was using previous max inventory size of 24 to determine if your inventory was full.
· Fixed a bug with quests that had a similar issue as above.
· Fixed a bug where new characters would spawn in with the wrong display layer assigned to their characters.
· Fixed a bug where black pants were off center in ui menus.
· Added animations to forestry. Trees now fall over, shake, and drop leaves when cut.
· Improved on demand sprite handling for items. This will speed up things like inventory, shops, etc
· Improved text caching for large performance gains across the board when on-screen text is involved.
· Fixed a bug where crafting recipes would demand more inventory space than required
· Fixed a bug where cooking recipes were demanding a new stack of the item instead of stacking properly.