ID:24269

(Click to enlarge)

Granted, if I hadn't spent most of my development time tonight working on graphics and map generation I could probably have had a playable (albeit uglier) demo to show. I'm still close enough that I should be able to do a preliminary test Saturday or Sunday night, though; most of the core game controls are already in, just not accessible at the moment.

(Thanks to Garthor's Star Mapper for the background--at some point I'd kind of like to get together something fancier with nebulae and such, but for now it looks pretty decent as is.)
Don't forget asteroid fields and other interstellar pretties! =o
:D

SUCK MY DICK LOL will be alive yet again!
If you need help with good looking planets, starfields and nebulae and close-up stars then email me at monkeyinhamsterballwithcurlyears[at]hotmail[dot]com.
If you use MSN then feel free to add me at that same address, too.
I highly recommend taking elation up on that. He is really good at space images.
Jermman wrote:
I highly recommend taking elation up on that. He is really good at space images.

I would, but ah, you see, this is a business sim. You know... a game about capitalism. Sensitive topic there, yeah.

Maybe I could convince him it's really a survival horror game--stave off the slavering masses of capitalists hungering for the labor of the proletariat for as long as you can!
Ooh, is this going to be like BBL in space? Hm, probably not. :(
GoodDoggyTreat wrote:
Ooh, is this going to be like BBL in space? Hm, probably not. :(

Not remotely. It's essentially a port of Aerobiz Supersonic for the SNES, set in space largely because I'm too lazy to look up real-world statistics for everything and it's easier to just randomly generate all of it.
Leftley wrote:
I would, but ah, you see, this is a business sim. You know... a game about capitalism. Sensitive topic there, yeah.

You're right, I don't think he'd go for it ;)
Awww...
Elation, that star needs to be brighter. The contrast is good, you should keep as much of that contrast as you can, but it needs to be much brighter. Also, the corona on that thing is a little too big, so you might want to take away from those flares a little.

[EDIT]: And try to avoid as much antialising as possible. This is BYOND, and it doesn't like antialiasing just yet. Maybe when the alpha blending goes in.
w/e
=P I was thinking how awesome it's going to be with the alpha channels because we'll be able to make blurry light things like that. So brighter, eh? More whiteness?

I've been bored so uh, clicky. Yeah... a bit over the top there. Shiny though.
OH MY GOD MY EYES! OVERSATURATION! >_>
The blue glow actually looks kind of cool, though... but why is there a glow on the HUD?
:P Like I said, I was bored and I love shiny (love shiny).