ID:2439482

Boy it's been a crazy week. Not all of it was development, as I had some business-maintenance stuff to attend to, but development was not forgotten.

First let's talk about the elephant in the room: The server had another blip today. I know the proximate cause but not the cause of that. I apologize that this happens sometimes, and that it seems to be happening more often in the new year. It's super frustrating for me as well. While I have not narrowed down the cause, I can tell you that I am continuing to look into it and I'm just as anxious as everyone else to get things back to normal where such issues rarely come up. It's not as frequent currently as people have been exaggerating on Discord, but it's happening like two or three times a month and that's just nuts. Anyway, I'm working on it.

I dealt with a few 512 bugs this week, especially a very difficult one that involved visual contents. Actually it was more like three very difficult bugs, in two reports. I'll discuss the specifics on the Patreon post because they're kind of interesting in an under-the-hood way.

I'll probably shoot to do the next 512 release next week. I'm pretty sure I said that last week, but... with feeling this time.

513 is moving forward still, although I didn't get as far on it with all the distractions. Getting closer to the Unicode stuff being done, although regular expressions are basically the #1 hurdle at this point. Ugh. I brought this on myself, though.

I want to give a lot of thanks to those who've helped support BYOND via Membership, donations, or on Patreon or SubscribeStar. (I don't mention the SubscribeStar page in every update, but I usually post there about twice a week and it's in more of a quick journal format, slightly more on the personal side. I just like each platform having a different personality.) In particular I'm grateful to those who, already Members themselves, go the extra mile and contribute by giving Membership to others. So thank you, everyone. It really is important.
Just read the Patreon post. Looks like some of the vis contents bugs you're killing were plaguing me for a while based on the description. I coudn't get rid of them for the life of me and replicating the issue was impossible since I didn't know what was causing it. Looking forward to the latest version. Thanks!