ID:24614

The time has come. Darke Dungeon is due tomorrow. People following the DD news page already know that I had some delays this month because my Mom had a heart attack. Now I have a choice to make. Do I release what I have, or let the deadline slip. I'm not real happy with either choice. Releasing now means that people will be playing it when it's less than its best. Even if I make it better in the future, most people will judge it by their first impression. On the other hand, I consider the deadline to be a promise to the fans and I take my promises seriously.

This release is for the fans, and I would like to have their opinions on the matter. I'll leave the comments open for non-members and members alike. Tomorrow at 10:00pm Eastern, I'll tally the votes. Should I release it tomorrow, in a week, or take another month or more?
Take a month or more. Good work takes time, and sometimes the deadlines have to be pushed back. I'd rather play a really good game later than a good game now and get fed up with it.
Take your time. Don't rush something that isn't done to what you want it to be.
Sorry to hear about your mum. Do what you think is best.
Take your time. Those with any sense will wait patiently. Those without will bitch if you don't release it on time, and they'll bitch if you release it unfinished.
take a month. maybe, in the meantime to appease it's fans, you should put up a 24/7 Darke Dungeon server on your digitalbyond hosting account. that way they aren't totally disappointed. =p

sorry to hear about your mother, by the way.
A couple of months isn't a huge deal, and if that means you'll release the highest quality game in the end, then I say, Bring in the Delays!

Tons of delays is when it's good :P
Kunark wrote:
A couple of months isn't a huge deal

yeah it is!
Wait until it's done. Making a deadline is nice, but there's not much point to releasing an unfinished product.
Airjoe wrote:
Wait until it's done. Making a deadline is nice, but there's not much point to releasing an unfinished product.

darke dungeon is the type of game that can never be finished.
I doubt players would be "fed up" with its current state, however a month can do wonders. You may even do better if not pressured.
A couple of months isn't a huge deal, and if that means you'll release the highest quality game in the end, then I say, Bring in the Delays!

I agree.
I forgot where I read it, but here's something that I recall...

"A late game can eventually be good. A bad game stays bad forever."

Take your time. And for the love of DD, don't release deadlines. :P
Take time, make it fantastically great. Then release it. I haven't played Darke Dungeon for awhile, but I think that the official release should be held back until its good and ready.
Take another month. Like others have said, better to release when it's good and ready so that's it's that much more impressive =)
Given the reason for the delay, it's totally justifiable. Take the extra month.
Take another month. However, I will be kind of depressed of you feel the need to procastinate even more than that. That's just the inner-fan shouting inside of me. =X

Meh, not like it'll make too much of a difference. You've already taken so long on it already. Take as long as you need to.

PS: Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she gets better. :D
Just don't make it more then a year, K?
make sure you host today, though!
This is the second week i've missed his hosting T-T. I don't think he hosted last week either. Or atleast not in the morning.
Page: 1 2