ID:257808

Edited : Big gate Scrapped due to new changes im making to the old 3x3 gate
with me redoing the gate i desided to redo my DHD ( Dial Home Device )

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Progress shot

i made a Mockup of a turf sheet i came across because SGO's turfs lack good quality, there open src as there published on RPG Maker style sites. and they wont be in SGO unless the autor gives permission even tho there open source.., just for recreational purposes.. to see how my stuff works on top quality turfs
In response to Yurgeta
I really like your gate icons, but yea the shading could be improved. You know something I tend to do when I'm trying to figure out shading is to draw a bunch of orange arrows pointing the direction of the light onto the icon, and shade accordingly. Maybe you should try it out.

Either way nice work.
In response to Maggeh
yeah i used a " light src" for my DHD, as u can see its partly lighter of a certen side, i just have to remember to use the same angel and position for every icon, so they match right otherwise it'd spoil the effect its supose to give
In response to Yurgeta
is it me, or dose my DHD look abit offset on the right hand side of the "Spiked" part..

i cant tell, my eyes are funny a times, can somone let me know so i can ajust it, if it isnt saves me some time lol, as im improveing my gate icon from that mockup to include a spinning gate animation and new wormhole effects..
In response to Yurgeta
Yurgeta wrote:
is it me, or dose my DHD look abit offset on the right hand side of the "Spiked" part..

Looks symmetric to me...The left 'foot' looks lower, but that's just because there happens to be a few dark pixels in the ground tile right where that part ends.
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
i thought it was right, some reason the right side looked offset.., must be my monitor lol..
In response to Yurgeta
ive begun to redo my gate icon, theres afe mistakes buts its on the basic level sofar,and has much more to be done to it so i can correct along the way..

All work for this is here..
Link : http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/Yurgeta/SGOv2/
My stargate folder for this section of my work..

i am trying to make the inner ring rotate all the way around,but im haveing problems due to switching between programs, as i prefare Photoshop, but GraphicsGale allows for frames..

and like all art when u rotate the pixels messup in places..so i have to ajust accordingly.. etc and sometimes its a major pain..

im going to try it the old fasion way by useing layers and ajusting the lines per layer.. hopefuly tha'll keep all my pixels intact and still give me a rotateing effect.., and am i the only oneon these boards daylie, cause its kinda begun to slow down..
In response to Yurgeta
Looks like a good start. It takes a while to refine the icons so the animation slides fit with each other.

Once I finish the walking state for my caveman Icon I'll be posting it. Hopefully sometime this weekend.
In response to Maggeh
cant waiteto see it.. i cant do much on weekends cause my 3 year old girl stays over at mine as me and my ex are sepperated, i got the odd break and can pop n, but as most know, pixel art cant be rushed to fast otherwise u get to many mistakes.. but im hopeing to complete the entire structureand animations within a week so hopeful i'll have alittle sumthing sumthing to show off.. and ur caveman rocks btw..
In response to Yurgeta
ok, FINALY fixed the animation and setup the DHD's animations too.

Things Left :

- Iris
- Gate Sheild
- Wormhole Effects
*Open
*Close
*Unstable
- Chevrons

And then hopefuly it'll be completed and added to my game ( Cant waite )
In response to Yurgeta
Yurgeta wrote:
ok, FINALY fixed the animation and setup the DHD's animations too.

The animations are good. Making those lines on the gate spin must have been not so easy.

Isn't the DHD and gate made of the same material, tho? Right now, you've got them in two different ramps of grey...
yeah i know, i do that so i can get it right, sounds strange but i can just use "Ctrl+U" In Adobe to change the Hue Colour to match.. its easyer then i get the right colours in 1 shot.. i also start of lighter than the original, means i can then tweak it to the right shades and the rest will flow.. will be reshaded in the final steps..

And i "Cheated" i used a Overlayer and made the back layer 50% Ocpacie, so i could stick the new lines inbetween each line. making the illusion of spinning more effective :-)

Gotta love Adobe Photoshop :-)
We'll its almost over, only afew things left to complete..

- Chevrons on the gate
- Wormhole effects
- Sheild / Iris

But has it been worth it, have i learned something new? thats the question.. has my shadeing gotten any better, i think ive made some progress along the way.. heres the latest install ment of my work, hope u like it guys..

In response to Yurgeta
Yurgeta wrote:
We'll its almost over, only afew things left to complete..

- Chevrons on the gate
- Wormhole effects
- Sheild / Iris

But has it been worth it, have i learned something new? thats the question.. has my shadeing gotten any better, i think ive made some progress along the way.. heres the latest install ment of my work, hope u like it guys..

I think you matched the tones well. But, are the double paired red pixels on the sides of the 'locks' meant to be lit or meant to be reflecting the light off the locks? Also, will you add a dark outline to the gate like you have on the DHD?
Looks good! keep goin!
never even noticed the outline..lol and as for the lighting the gate up.. thats gunna be done yes, but ingame will be an entirely different layer to the actual chevrons.. butyeah, i'll whipup a animaton of it all during the week..

there ment to light up aswell, some reason GFX Gale didnt like my shades and used the old colours.. so i'll Brighten em up abit and also add some ligthing to the gate.. for when there litup..