ID:257812

ok, im stuck in a place i hate, animateing wave effects..

been trying for days, just cant seam to get around it..

Basic idear of were i wanna go..

Blank Version

i need it to resemble a water wave effect for the gates wormhole, ive tryed several methouds and just cant get it to wave.. i blow when it comes to lighting and stuff.. can anyone give me some advice on how to proceed because my current gate effect have just been updated and they look awful.., the gate effects dont rotate only flutter in a wave effect.. and im finding it very hard to get the right effect
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
making the first one is easyly, dont, its animateing it thats my problem, i have no idear on were to start on making an image "wave" from a still image..
Well, depending on your abilities with somewhat higher math, there is always Lummox's solution here.

Best of luck :P
In response to Flick
*Faints* i understood upto the math calcs, then i fainted.. but it is helpfulisnt, because of the "ABCDE section, actual gave me an idear"
In response to Yurgeta
Try reapplying the effect to the first Water frame you got to make the 2nd, and then repeat a couple times and see how it turns out.
In response to Yurgeta
Yurgeta wrote:
making the first one is easyly, dont, its animateing it thats my problem, i have no idear on were to start on making an image "wave" from a still image..

Are these the effects you're looking for?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-tKnFvjRURM
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Well, depending on your abilities with somewhat higher math, there is always Lummox's solution here.

Do you know if he ended up using that, Flick?
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
yeah thats what i wanna do, harder than i thought aswell, i cant find a animation were i can chop it down to single frames.. there used to be loads on the net, then these places got popular and now there harder to find.. but yeah thats the effect i need, the stargate wormhole and wooshing etc.. will try to see if i can save this and get a frame by frame thing to work off. as that'll be far easyer to locate what gose were and how the lighting is menta be.. and thanks monkey ..