ID:258069

Base

I can't make the feet to save my life..also arms looks a little funky. Any constructive critism?
Save this image as a png file instead of jpeg and we can get some good criticism going. As you can probably already tell, jpeg distorts the image and decreases it to a lower quality.
Lord-Edox wrote:
Base

I can't make the feet to save my life..also arms looks a little funky. Any constructive critism?

The head is looking flat and unnatural on the top. You're trying to pack too much detail into the body (Specifically the muscles), to the point where it looks more like he's got a bunch of folds on his chest. His legs aren't in proportion with the rest of him as well.

I took your head and basically just extended it and rounded it out. Next, I traced most of the body you had, and basically extended it in the legs, and shortened it in the body. Feet aren't such a big deal. Basically just make a 3 pixel high rectangle, and it should look fine. Now for the details, I'd suggest working only in black and white, so you don't have to worry about picking the colors and can focus only on the shadows and details.

Notice how I'm not trying to fit every little muscle in there. I pretty much generalized things. Pecs, and 1 little line to show abs. At 100% zoom, it looks just fine. From there, all you have to do is add the colors you want.

In response to AmonR
AmonR wrote:
Lord-Edox wrote:
Base

The head is looking flat and unnatural on the top. You're trying to pack too much detail into the body (Specifically the muscles), to the point where it looks more like he's got a bunch of folds on his chest. His legs aren't in proportion with the rest of him as well.

I took your head and basically just extended it and rounded it out. Next, I traced most of the body you had, and basically extended it in the legs, and shortened it in the body. Feet aren't such a big deal. Basically just make a 3 pixel high rectangle, and it should look fine. Now for the details, I'd suggest working only in black and white, so you don't have to worry about picking the colors and can focus only on the shadows and details.

Notice how I'm not trying to fit every little muscle in there. I pretty much generalized things. Pecs, and 1 little line to show abs. At 100% zoom, it looks just fine. From there, all you have to do is add the colors you want.

Good crit, however if he is to be using selective outlining as you suggested, then the pants would have to be a dark gray-black color.
Base #2

Saved as png to so its clearer, but it seems still seems weird. I believe the head makes it look weird but I've tried unsuccessfully to make other shaped heads.
In response to Lord-Edox
Definitely going in the right direction. Great improvement. Though, he's missing a pixel on his chin line and you have 2 colors there that are almost exactly the same. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference if it was at 100% zoom.
In response to AmonR
Redid it alittle didn't zoom though.
Photobucket

What do ya think?
In response to Lord-Edox
Lookin good! I'd say lose the black outline and go for sel-out though.
In response to AmonR
basee

Should I make it darker? Lighter? O_o
In response to Lord-Edox
Lord-Edox wrote:
basee

Should I make it darker? Lighter? O_o

abit to light, its the container colour that seperates the background from the base, so it has to be pretty visable.

so yeh make it darker(personal opinion)
In response to Chris-g1
Jesus you people seem so smart on the internet with your big old fancy words. <3 Chris :O