ID:258072

its common knowledge that there is no tuts that help with pixeling water, but thats what your here for right.... i attempted this a few times on my Evil-D123 key awhile ago...

Here are 3 attempts i had lol

Photobucket

they all look unfinished i could just use pointers to see if i got the right idea and correct the problems.
Version 3 has no shading i no, im just wondering how i would go about it
Chris-g1 wrote:
its common knowledge that there is no tuts that help with pixeling water, but thats what your here for right.... i attempted this a few times on my Evil-D123 key awhile ago...

[image]

they all look unfinished i could just use pointers to see if i got the right idea and correct the problems.

Water is something I struggle with too. I tried playing with what you made, specifically version 3.

I just took the line work and ran with it. First a little AA on the light lines, and then a dark color for the deeper parts, so everything looks kinda wavy. I ended up coming up with 3 different types of what looks a lot more like ice than water.

Played with some different colors, then when I got close to what I was looking for (The dark ones in the second row), I started playing around with the sizes. The one in in the left side of the second row is the right one at half the height, and the bottom left one was done by taking the original and making it 16x16, then putting it together to make a full 32x32, then fixing grid issues. I like that one best. Then I tried it with your colors. Still looks good, I just think it could use more contrast and a less straight ramp..
In response to AmonR
AmonR wrote:
Chris-g1 wrote:

[image]

Water is something I struggle with too. I tried playing with what you made, specifically version 3.

I just took the line work and ran with it. First a little AA on the light lines, and then a dark color for the deeper parts, so everything looks kinda wavy. I ended up coming up with 3 different types of what looks a lot more like ice than water.

Played with some different colors, then when I got close to what I was looking for (The dark ones in the second row), I started playing around with the sizes. The one in in the left side of the second row is the right one at half the height, and the bottom left one was done by taking the original and making it 16x16, then putting it together to make a full 32x32, then fixing grid issues. I like that one best. Then I tried it with your colors. Still looks good, I just think it could use more contrast and a less straight ramp..

:O very nice :O thank you very much