ID:258073

This is still in early stages, but I'm working on some Haku Mirrors. My original idea was to make some 64x96 mirrors that would surround the player in all directions, instead of the one tile mirrors that almost every other Naruto game uses.

I went ahead and made the mirrors, but I need need some help with the proportions. I know all the corners wouldn't be shown, but it looks awkward when I don't show them. I am still need to round them off more to make it look like ice, but first I wanna get those corners straightened out. I still need to make the mirrors that will be in the middle north and south. Here are the mirrors, I made two versions.

(I like B more.)

Dneezy33 wrote:
This is still in early stages, but I'm working on some Haku Mirrors. My original idea was to make some 64x96 mirrors that would surround the player in all directions, instead of the one tile mirrors that almost every other Naruto game uses.

I went ahead and made the mirrors, but I need need some help with the proportions. I know all the corners wouldn't be shown, but it looks awkward when I don't show them. I am still need to round them off more to make it look like ice, but first I wanna get those corners straightened out. I still need to make the mirrors that will be in the middle north and south. Here are the mirrors, I made two versions.

(I like B more.)

Wanted to jump on this real quick cause I think this is pretty cool how you're using a bit of pixel art there too, and what you have there looks nice.

I'm not sure if you were set on having the mirrors have frames and look like real man made mirrors, but if you were, I would suggest sharpening up the edges and keeping everything real boxy like below.

But looking at a reference shot, the ice mirrors are... icy. I really like what you had for the glass part of the mirror, and it'll make a great starting point since you have the perspective down just right. You wanna get the nice colorful rectangle shape on the right side, so all you need to do is add the edges. From there, add a little color, an outline, and blend some shine on the top. If that's not good enough, you could take it a step further and add the frost that builds on the edges.

In response to AmonR
good job again AmonR lol

also personally i think insted of making one mirror and fliping it lol making them all diffrent detailed would be nice.
In response to AmonR

Jesus Christ dude. Thats amazing. I wasn't trying to go for a man-made look, I just didn't know any other way to make them. Those snowy caps you put on there look great, I'm defiantly going to put some of those on there.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys.
In response to Dneezy33
Dneezy33 wrote:

Jesus Christ dude. Thats amazing. I wasn't trying to go for a man-made look, I just didn't know any other way to make them. Those snowy caps you put on there look great, I'm defiantly going to put some of those on there.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys.

One last thing real quick. I finally realize why my edit's shape wasn't like yours. I messed up the perspective you had. I understand it now. The way you had it was more like the Boktai perspective. So mine should have been shaped more like this:

(The changes are all in the corners)
In response to AmonR
Really Nice edit I think Maggeh should have pick you as the moderator and not LG10 not offense to him or anything he is doing good, but I believe you are more suitable than he is.
In response to AmonR
Okay, I took what you had and added in some light reflection/shine, then faded it out twords the edges. I put some of my own icy caps on the bottom and the top, but it was white and looked more like snow than ice. So I dimmed it down a little bit, but I still think it looks like snow personally. Anyways, here is my most updated version.

In response to Nidaime Hokage
Nidaime Hokage wrote:
Really Nice edit I think Maggeh should have pick you as the moderator and not LG10 not offense to him or anything he is doing good, but I believe you are more suitable than he is.

Haha nah. I appreciate it but I think it's better he do it, since he's been around. I know I would want a respsonsible someone I know and trust as a mod. Not that there's much to moderate around here. This place is pretty damn chill, s'why I hang around.

Consider me a friendly public servant, waiting for you to slip up so I can put your kids in foster care.
In response to AmonR
AmonR wrote:
Not that there's much to moderate around here. This place is pretty damn chill, s'why I hang around.
Very true
Consider me a friendly public servant, waiting for you to slip up so I can put your kids in foster care.
Lol
In response to Nidaime Hokage
I don't really want to get off topic here, but it was not me who had picked LG10. :P

-------------------

Anyways

Thanks to Amon's suggestions you showed a lot of improvement in the sprite. Looking at the screenshot in the thread that Amon posted though, it looks like the sides should be more pointed. It looks like you got some fluffy snow on it rather than the the harsh spiky ice-look of the screenshot. It looks pretty good though so far.