started out by drawing the shape then trying to dither
Photobucket

Photobucket

added lines to make out that it wasnt one big bush lol
Photobucket

then realised my pallet has way to light for my grass to take

so i changed the pallet to fit my grass well
Photobucket

(still working on the stump but i wanted to no your thoughts on the upper tree)
its the best one i have made i think lol

Old one: Photobucket
Chris-g1 wrote:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Its definitely an improvement. Good job.

Try adding leaves to it, it has a flat, almost gradiented looking texture. I would try making more use of that dark shade youve got in there to define the leaves. definitely rework the light source to be more..leafy.
In response to Legendary Goku 10
Its definitely an improvement. Good job.

Try adding leaves to it, it has a flat, almost gradiented looking texture. I would try making more use of that dark shade youve got in there to define the leaves. definitely rework the light source to be more..leafy.

realising the scale was to small for a tree :( i remade it on a bigger scale.... i also tryed giving it a light source like you said but i dont no how i would texture it.... like eh with the leafs O__O i could use some help on this if you could people lol
Photobucket

****EDIT****

k so i been trying all types of methods and here is my result.

Photobucket
Chris-g1 wrote:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't think you should use the same colors as your grass. You want the trees to pop, and stand out from the grass.
In response to AmonR

I don't think you should use the same colors as your grass. You want the trees to pop, and stand out from the grass.

there not the same pallet but there simler... i dont want it to be to diffrent because otherwise it will look out of place
In response to Chris-g1
Chris-g1 wrote:

there not the same pallet but there simler... i dont want it to be to diffrent because otherwise it will look out of place

A tree doesn't have to (And usually doesn't) have the same or similar green as grass. It won't look out of place. ;]

(Also note the trees in the background)

'Course it's only a suggestion. Do what feels right in the end.
In response to AmonR
AmonR wrote:
Chris-g1 wrote:

A tree doesn't have to (And usually doesn't) have the same or similar green as grass. It won't look out of place. ;]

(Also note the trees in the background)

'Course it's only a suggestion. Do what feels right in the end.

ah lol like this?

Photobucket

o_O i been trying all day but looks like it will take some time lol
In response to Chris-g1
Chris-g1 wrote:
o_O i been trying all day but looks like it will take some time lol

Or rather your grass should be less green then your tree. Add some yellow to it, remember the sun is the lightsource so things should look like it. Try some lime looking grass like in Amons image.

Most likely your tree isn't satisfying you because unlike like the tree in the image you're missing little things. For example the shading the tree in the image has is in methods that help you identify the objects as batches of leaves.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Try this technique (found in one of the many tutorials on the front page).

http://petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tuts/tsugumo/ chapter5.htm
You'd be better off checking out chapter 5 first hand or at least scrolling down to take in the basics of that technique.
In response to Hulio-G
Thats what he used for his old one, you can clearly tell XD
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:

true but i went wrong by sticking to its shape, i didnt and should have broke the mold after i put the light sources in i guess

also i think i have the right colour balence now
(will look better when i apply shadow to the base and start softing the base outline:P)
Photobucket

although i will still try hulio's still to see the out come
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:

Wow, lol.

Well the reason he didn't get the effect he wanted was because it had no depth or light at all, it was like the grass. As said earlier you want trees to be distinguished and give the environment detail which is why you don't use low contrast like you usually would on organic tiles.

Look when I attempted to make one of those balls. Amazingly the only difference between my circles besides the way I defined the texture is my leaves have depth (In the link below look at the yellow and black it simplifies the illusion) .
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8038/picture9oj9.png
You need to be fearless with the pixels and stray from the original colors you choose. I based mine on 2 very different colors before I achieved balance. Hell look at my darkest shade it's blue.
In response to Hulio-G
I think it looks fantastic. I'm so jealous. XD I would love to be able to even just keep up with those icons. =\
In response to Howey
eck O_O i forgot about the tree's.

i changed the pallet alittle and tryed even more to put texture :S

Photobucket

Photobucket

ok im still working on it, to blend the bottem with the grass its better not to have an outline, so i took that out lol but the shadow didnt work also.... help please lmao

Photobucket
In response to Chris-g1
But you don't want the leaves to blend with the grass.