ID:258116

Took about 5 minutes to set up the animation. I already had the icons made.
Nice. It looks pretty good. Can't wait. ^ ^
Well, I think it looks pretty nice. Haven't watched yu-yu-hakasho in a long time, so I don't know which is which. But I reccomend outlining the guy with read hairs white cloths in the same color you did for the demon, and shade the apron thing on the guy with red hair.
In response to XxJUICExX
Yes, well it's not the best example of my work. My skills have improved a good deal since making those icons so when I actually get around to working on my game, Demonic Warfare, again, I'll be editing my icons. It was more or less just to give an example of how transformations will look in Demonic Warfare, as shown in my other example with Yusuke transforming into a demon in an older topic I made. I think it looks alot better than the generic change in icon and/or hair in most games. It looks cool in my opinion.
Hmm it looks great.I'm Hoping for more of this in your game.
In response to Lord Ulquiorra

*Edit*
XxJUICExX wrote:
Well, I think it looks pretty nice. Haven't watched yu-yu-hakasho in a long time, so I don't know which is which. But I reccomend outlining the guy with read hairs white cloths in the same color you did for the demon, and shade the apron thing on the guy with red hair.

Kurama is the humanoid form with red hair. Yoko Kurama is the silver-haired fox form.
its a nice effect

but a bit simple and boring isn't it?

i'd like to see maybe more of an energy explosion
In response to Cowqueefer
Well, in the transformation department, Yu Yu Hakusho wasn't like Dragonball Z where most transformations seemed almost epic. So it'd be a bit of a pointless effort to add an explosive effect and smoke and what-not.

Simple, perhaps, but then I'm not going for complex. Boring, maybe, but no more boring than what we see in other games where the icon/overlays just change with no sort of effect at all.
I've never watched DBZ and i've heard its long and boring

well, the white flash is better than switching overlays as you say

but still, surely some dust can whip up near their feet or something?

or at least make the white last longer and physically change the shape of it (if you get what i mean)
Are you sure about that? Demon Yusuke, Togoro,Sensui, even yoko karama had energy pulsing around in the smoke after he transformed.
Perhaps later I'll have dust kick up near their feet or something but I don't think making the white last longer will be necessary. Think about it: you're in an online game fighting someone and you transform which may look cool but if it lasts long for a cool effect, it'll just make you vulnerable for the time being and possibly get you killed.

As far as Demon Yusuke, Yoko Kurama, and Toguro's transformations, their transformations were longer and epic for dramatic effect. Toguro's transformation took a couple of minutes, when Yoko Kurama transformed, a couple of times there was usually alot of pointless smoke to signify Kurama's reversion as caused by the Idun Box, but a few times he changed without that cloud of smoke and it was more of a flash rather than any energy pulsing through a cloud of smoke. When Sensui used his Sacred Energy Offense suit, it was alot faster than when he used the Sacred Energy Armor and, once again, that was pretty much for dramatic effect.
just make the character invincible during trans?

i still think it needs more :/

the whites just plain and boring
Invincible during transformations can easily be exploited. At any rate, thanks for the feedback but I'm pretty happy with it as is.