ID:258120

I've come to the point in my game, where I need to work on some multitile animations.

Do you all use DM for this, or another program. I'm going to be doing things such as a flamethrower and a tremor through the ground/earthquake.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I wouldn't use DM for this. It can over-complicate everything. I would suggest Graphics Gale, since it has everything you need. I personally use Adobe Photoshop, but it costs an arm and a leg(Graphics Gale is free).
In response to Disturbed Puppy
I have photoshop, but an older version. I have made multi-tile icons in it before. (Buildings etc.) But How do I go about making the animations for attacks and such.
In response to Dami
Okay, I don't know if your version has it, but my photoshop(Elements 3.5) has layers. then, just make each layer a frame in the animation. Then, just import it into DM(I usually do it frame by frame)
Hm thats pretty smart, alright. Any other suggestions to going about this?
In response to Dami
Don't let it overwhelm you. When I do big icons, I try doing too much at once, and get swamped in the size of the icon. Take it step by step, and don't move to the next step until the previous step is done.
I'm trying not turning out to well. Anyone have an actual tutorial for this? Or know where I can find one?
In response to Dami
http://www.derekyu.com/?page_id=218

It's just like making any other sprite, only bigger. :/
In response to AmonR
I can draw the actual icon. The only problem is animating it.
In response to Dami
Just make a state of the same icon, only in a different position. That's all I can really tell you. It's not really a "multi-tiled" icon, just a big one. You animate it like you do any other icon.
Since i don't got anything fancy like photshop or graphics gale I use paint to do my icons and then just copy and paste it into dmi frame by frame sample might be the multi tiled base in an older post of mine
http://www.byond.com/members/PixelArt/forum?id=4803