ID:258142

I like them, but Frieza's eyes looks odd.
In response to Lord Ulquiorra
Lord Ulquiorra wrote:
I like them, but Frieza's eyes looks odd.

Alright. I'll just make the eyes like evryone elses.
Kazuma Torisuna wrote:
Greetings folks. Juice and I are working on a brand new DBZ game. And I just wanted to show you people what I've been working on. This is just the front view of these NPCs. Just want to get a few comments before I move on.

Photobucket

I don't know why I did a light source with Frieza...just wanted to try it out and see how it looked. :p

The artwork is probably above average for around here. But I just like perfecting things so whatever. ;/
The best icon there is freiza on the left simply because of the usage of color (especially on the white) is so much better then rest, though I still agree with LU when it comes to those eyes. What you want to do is probably refrain from using black when you're pixeling. If you brought it to maybe a darker gray those eyes would match the freiza palette more and would be less noticeable (the effect would mean a drop in contrast which would make things less drastic, the eyes would stick out less).

In the screenshot I pointed out there are a few spots where it seems you have a nasty habit of surrounding your shades (mainly your lightest colors) with other shades! This creates the blurry effect known as pillow shading, though it's only on a minor scale, it's best to do without. Always leave your shades with a spot to "breath" or let loose (not be surrounded) usually this direction is towards the light source. And yes this usually means it'll touch the outline which creates the sharpest/crispest effect you can get.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I didn't bother with Piccolo because it would require alot more artistry but the cloth(the white part) was overdone if it was cleared up (using white like how you did with freiza) it would look alot less blurrier.
In response to Hulio-G
Alright, I took Hulio's advice and shaded every NPCs, even the base. I added a light source and I want to see how I did. Here is what I got.

Photobucket
In response to Kazuma Torisuna
Kazuma Torisuna wrote:
Alright, I took Hulio's advice and shaded every NPCs, even the base. I added a light source and I want to see how I did. Here is what I got.

Photobucket

ROFL, what are you doing? Don't put my name in that I'm not responsible. I mean the style matches alot more but I didn't tell you to reshade everything, everything was fine except maybe the piccolo cloth. I manually pointed out all the areas where there was pillow shading. All you did now is remove all the volume in your artwork and make things flat. For example look at the buu (where did his chest go? Look at his new head -_-), look at Tien's old paints they had nice contrast. Err, I think it's best if I just let other people handle it. Though, I really thought the work was nearly perfected except for those small flaws I pointed out (and most of the eyes of course).
In response to Hulio-G
I like it as it is.