ID:258173

I've been working on a version of the giant handseal statue that was in the tournament part of the chuunin exams. I still need to add the sleeves to it, but other than that I'm not sure what I can do to make it better. I'm sure you guys will think of something. =D

Well...On the left arm the ring and pinky fingers arre off to me. Like in the picture that I see the should be outside of the ring and pinky finger of the right arm. Speaking of Right arm the ring and pinky fingers should sorta be wrapped around the left's index and middle finger.I'd show you what I mean if I wasn't clear but I can't atm. I hope this helped at all.
It looks pretty decent, remember that the statue is made of stone, try adding a few cracks here and there. And adding the shadows to compensate.

Otherwise good job.
In response to Lord Ulquiorra
Yes, I see what you mean. I'm going to try and do all that then repost. Thanks guys. ^^
KashikoiMeisai wrote:
I've been working on a version of the giant handseal statue that was in the tournament part of the chuunin exams. I still need to add the sleeves to it, but other than that I'm not sure what I can do to make it better. I'm sure you guys will think of something. =D

It's lookin' good so far. Only thing that bothers me is how one arm starts higher than another.

(Top right corner)

The arm on the left doesn't start higher than the other. Both elbows are level with eachother.
In response to AmonR
Haha, I literally tried like 10 times to lower the arm, but then the fingers look all mutated. =x
I can't just can't get the friggin arm down. XD
In response to KashikoiMeisai
Oh don't even worry about pulling down the whole thing. The hand is fine where it is, just slope the arm downward.

Something like that.
In response to AmonR
Oh snizzle. (Just made that up, I think.)

I like! =D
In response to Dami
The anatomy is way off, take a look at the red and green and see if you can improve it.

The first thing you have to do when you're turfing is know the material. This is too organic like, it looks like living skin. You can solve this by texturing, I did it my own unique way. But all you really had to do is add cracks here and there which I didnt even bother to do so because I didn't. You need to look into learn light & perspectives. Look at how I base my light off the perspectives of the muscles (directions their facing) and the light sources at the same time. Don't dither like a maniac, when you dither try to use combinations; don't not just straight up dither cris-cross patterns, otherwise all you'll get is a checkers board in the middle of your art piece.

My versions ridiculously messy, this big piece is too time consuming for a lazy bastard like myself. Be fearless and never be afraid to change anything.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And stop banding. (Made by a friend of mine named Larwick.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
In response to Hulio-G
That looked like a really hairy hand lol, but the green and red demostration is pretty accurate
In response to Nidaime Hokage
Nidaime Hokage wrote:
That looked like a really hairy hand lol, but the green and red demostration is pretty accurate

The hand symbol in general is messed up(I mean from the anime), you cant even position your hands like that in real life. All I know is the knuckles we can see so these hands aren't pointed directly towards the sky but slightly pointed towards us (30 degrees or so). This is what I mean by making perspectives, it can be pretty difficult and is also the only thing causing the illusion here.