ID:258207

I was bored so I made a rock golem.

C&C it! I think it looks cool! >.<

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=golemdj9.png

EDIT:

I got this Idea from Maplestory. I used a sprite from the game as a reference. Making sure everyone knows now so this incident doesn't have to happen again.
That looks really cool. =D

But, it looks to smooth, rough up the texture a bit maybe.
Akto wrote:
I was bored so I made a rock golem.

C&C it! I think it looks cool! >.<

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=golemdj9.png

That is hot.
Okay, I didn't think you wanted to texture it so I didn't. What I did was edited some shading, some stuff that broke the lightsource, added some shading to help define things, and A&A'd it using your medium. It looks a bit better, and not as pixeled/jaggedy. It's looking pretty good, from now you could add some more shades. Maybe even add more shades and A&A. Also you could start texturing the rock if you wanted to, its your picture to mess with/use so you decide xD

Here is the update:

Added magma to it.
Added different color palette.
Added extra color to the palette.
Added more AA (( I think I did..... >.< ))

In response to Akto
That thing is totally wicked.
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:
Here is the update:

Added magma to it.
Added different color palette.
Added extra color to the palette.
Added more AA (( I think I did..... >.< ))

Just an idea, try dithering...

Photobucket

like so...
In response to Chris-g1
I was thinking about dithering but the last time I dithered, everyone said not to dither because my dithering looks like crap. >.<
In response to Akto
Practice makes perfect... worst thing that can happen is people say its not good.
In response to Chris-g1
While dithering might help since it would sorta texture it, I love the style it currently has. It seems like it would be on a game already, cause usually people only use like 5 colors when making something big like this.
In response to Akto
Here is my new golem set.

Fire Golem:

Frost Golem:

Rock Golem:

In response to Akto
Ice golems are usually represent as this. http://static.erig.net/wiki/thumb/c/cd/Ice-golem.jpg/ 492px-Ice-golem.jpg

Frost golems however, are the ones that still have that rock look but with some snow/ice looking aspects on them.
In response to Akto
I just noticed thats a edited sprite from maple story. Or it looks abot 70% close to it.
In response to Jcpnov123
Jcpnov123 wrote:
I just noticed thats a edited sprite from maple story. Or it looks abot 70% close to it.

Oh shet, he's a ripper...
In response to Z3D
Yes Akto is a ripper, He edited the fire golum summon on maplestory. When he made the "Lava version" that gave him away. I knew I seen it some where.
In response to Jcpnov123
I didn't rip. I used it as a resource. If you take the spirte from maplestory and mine they are clearly different.

There are the two.

For one they are not even close to the same size.
The only thing that looks almost alike is the head.
I made the whole sprite by hand.
In response to Akto
The whole thing looks like you took some things off and edited it a small bit.
In response to Jcpnov123
I most deviantly didn't. I looked at the maplestory sprite while I was making it but did not edit the sprite what so ever.
In response to Jcpnov123
Then either he's a really good copier by hand, or he's a good editor.
In response to Kaiochao
If you look at both sprites its clearly not edited. The lineart is completly diffent. How do I know because I sat there and made it by hand.
Page: 1 2