ID:258210

I need a crator tut, since I probaly spelled it wrong , im talken about (Example: When goku goes ssj and a big crator under him forms)
Okay, this isn't th best tutorial, and only shows some examples on how you might do it. You should check if there are any other crater tutorials though(Btw my last step I accidently messed it up a bit).
Here is how I did it though...

Step 1: Creating an oval!
Thats all there is too it, I created an oval, woot.

Step 2: Line Art!
To create this line art, I remade that top of the oval, moved it down a couple of pixels, and started drawing in rock forms. Then added a dark shade on the bottom to show depth.

Step 3: Using Colors!
Just made some basic colors and started filling in to get that depth feel. Also added in some shading here and some other things, like shading the rocks a bit, and some dirt texture.

Step 4: Finishing up!
I messed up a bit here and it turned out alot worse than I wanted to, so you may want to go free-style at this point. What I did though is used some colors to texture the dirt a bit more, and added an extra color. Then shaded some the rocks some more, and added more black to it.

So thats what I used to get the overall effect. Also what I did is use a tile based scale(96x32) so it can be put into .dmi easily. It is only 5 colors of 4 brown and 1 black, and didn't take that long. If this wasn't what you were talking about then sorry for wasting your time, but I tried ^^. Also this is for an angled perspective, it would look different for different perspectives, but I guessed this is what yours would be.
In response to Bakasensei
Prety cool Man I suck XD, somthing like that would take me forever.
Bakasensei wrote:
Okay, this isn't th best tutorial, and only shows some examples on how you might do it. You should check if there are any other crater tutorials though(Btw my last step I accidently messed it up a bit).
Here is how I did it though...

Step 1: Creating an oval!
Thats all there is too it, I created an oval, woot.

Step 2: Line Art!
To create this line art, I remade that top of the oval, moved it down a couple of pixels, and started drawing in rock forms. Then added a dark shade on the bottom to show depth.

Step 3: Using Colors!
Just made some basic colors and started filling in to get that depth feel. Also added in some shading here and some other things, like shading the rocks a bit, and some dirt texture.

Step 4: Finishing up!
I messed up a bit here and it turned out alot worse than I wanted to, so you may want to go free-style at this point. What I did though is used some colors to texture the dirt a bit more, and added an extra color. Then shaded some the rocks some more, and added more black to it.

So thats what I used to get the overall effect. Also what I did is use a tile based scale(96x32) so it can be put into .dmi easily. It is only 5 colors of 4 brown and 1 black, and didn't take that long. If this wasn't what you were talking about then sorry for wasting your time, but I tried ^^. Also this is for an angled perspective, it would look different for different perspectives, but I guessed this is what yours would be.

Is it me or did you use my Doton jutsu for NK(m) as an inspiration ???.
ANyways, nice tutorial. There used to be a meteor tutorial on this forum aswell which showed how to make craters aswell i think.
In response to Pandora'sSecret
Yeah xD I was thinking of showing it here as an example, then posting the tutorial, but thought nvm >.>
I was thinking the same thing, Dindin. D=