ID:258213

hey im using this Menos for my new Bleach game, i wanted something with a cartoony look, jus to be different.[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn160/ Teeswaga/MenosGrandeChibi-1.png[/IMG]

Im not done with it yet, so i would like it if u C&C it. i will update the picture later on
I find this one to be worst.
In response to Z3D
The cartoony look really isn't working well. I'm sure if you made it "realistic" and added shading and depth it would look better. As it is now, it looks flat and bland.
In response to Mr.Anonymous
lol, well you've seen my updated version of this in the showroom, well im gIad you think ive improved tho
ShadowiceTeam wrote:
hey im using this Menos for my new Bleach game, i wanted something with a cartoony look, jus to be different.[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn160/ Teeswaga/MenosGrandeChibi-1.png[/IMG]

Im not done with it yet, so i would like it if u C&C it. i will update the picture later on

Gah, I hope I'm replying to the right one of your threads. This entire critque is from a friend of mine named Ryumaru who dwells the pixelation forums.

Ryumaru says: (11:37:24 PM)
So...I got really bored and did an overhaul critique on a menos grande made by somebody on the forum you go to
Ryumaru says: (11:44:00 PM)
I didnt post it
Ryumaru says: (11:44:18 PM)
too lazy to register
Hulio-G says: (11:44:35 PM)
I figured you would have had to create a byond Key. 
Hulio-G says: (11:45:05 PM)
If you want me to post it for you I suppose I could do that

Ryumaru says: (11:58:07 PM)

Pallette: colors are much too saturated, even if you were going for a "cartoony" style, which I would not recommend for Mr.Menos they should still be toned down alot.  I added more shades to him because with such a big area of pixels to fill for a sprite he needs plenty of shades to show form( yours is very flat) If you will notice, I reused many colors to eliminate unnecessary shades. From the dark blue to the bleached white of the hollow mask is all essentially one pallette.

Form: Your piece looks like a 2d image on a screen, and while that's what it is, it's your job as an artist to try and decieve the viewer. If this was in a game, you would want it too look like your fighting menos grande, not pixels on a screen. I chose the common lightsource of topdown, and gave him a cylindrical shape. You can see that I also gave a hint of reflected light on the right.

All reflected light is, is light bouncing off of objects surrounding something, onto that something.

Ryumaru says: (12:01:57 AM)
that should be good enough :P

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In response to Hulio-G
HOLY SHIT!