ID:258256

I only made on view so far so i would like some C&C on it before I continue.

It has just the naked base, and one with hair and clothes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This isn't a base for anything, and no one can have it.
Redbutton wrote:

You have a good start going the man, a few problems thoug lol the head seems to be divided by dark pixels... smoothen that out and it will look better, also the shoulders dont have to change but i would change a pixel to make them look more relaxed ;)

also you may not have thought of this but its there is an error with shadow in your base, with a light source you must apply everything accordingly so rather then it being under the guy it would look somthing like it does in edit 2

Photobucket
In response to Chris-g1
Yeah i like all of what you said. The "shadow" on the other hand, is not supposed to be there. That's my mistake it was part of the outline, just forgot to get rid of it.
In response to Chris-g1
No offense but having such a large and extremely stretch out shadow on the mob base like that wouldn't work out to well in game.
In response to Maggeh
Maggeh wrote:
No offense but having such a large and extremely stretch out shadow on the mob base like that wouldn't work out to well in game.

I see what you mean and yeh your right, that would probably be bad for in game, but i was just going off what i seen as an error in what he shown =P my bad...
The head is a bit pointy at the top, I'd say. Personally, I'd bring it down a pixel. And the pillow shade on the chest and stomach makes it look pregnant. Other than that, I'd say it looks pretty good to me.
Yup, yup I am working on those as I type. I'll post the update version in a bit.
Redbutton wrote:

You're pretty high leveled as it is, try to study the techniques observed here. You really don't need to make "wrinkles" on a t-shirt. Your main focus here is to try and make sure you've implied that there is volume. Chris made a good crit (Not the shadow one, that was preposterous) when he edited your edit, only I think he overdid it to the point where the volume on the head was lost. You want to minimize the shift in contrast on that dome but only to a minimum.

My main emphasis here was volume (hair and shirt). But both those two areas needed a bit of color balance. I executed on the black hair because i didn't think you'd see what I saw (now you have an idea?). As for the white shirt I think the outline is too dark and throws off the pattern of white shades, "color balance" is important if you want that eye candy...I didn't bother tampering with it because I don't know how you like your white. Pants could use some recoloring/balancing too, now that the shirt has been redone.

P.S. Your white shirt was a victim of double outlining, read this so you know how to handle areas like the waist properly. (Also useful for those "wrinkles" you want to make. Post [link]