ID:258259

Photobucket

Parents were talking about Halloween and it reminded me of my favorite movie when I was little, Nightmare before Christmas. I think its pretty good so far but I'd like to know if it really is good before I continue and waste my time.(Took 10-15 minutes tops..)
Photobucket

Added some shadows and a little shade..not much though.
In response to Lord-Edox
Lord-Edox wrote:
Photobucket

Theres alot of pillow shading going on here. create a lightsource and go from there. Also, for everything but his suit, you dont want to use black, i suggest a dark purple or blue. Black tends to make things look flat.

Lastly, try making jacks mouth more arched, rather than in a slight v-shape.
In response to Pmitch
You really need to AA, too.
In response to Lord-Edox
Lord-Edox wrote:
Photobucket

That gray outline you made around the black suit made it worse. Thats not anti-alasing, thats basically pillow shading.
In response to KashikoiMeisai
I suck at anti-aliasing is there any easy way to learn how to do it?
In response to Lord-Edox
The basics of the technique requires absolutely no skill, only an understanding of the process. Use the Links Hulio provided.
In response to Kataharo Tayoko
Kataharo Tayoko wrote:
The basics of the technique requires absolutely no skill, only an understanding of the process. Use the Links Hulio provided.

Well I wouldn't go that far. Tracing requires no skill, inking requires no skill; but that statement contradicted itself, anti-aliasing is a sensitive craft where there's an understanding required. Where there's understanding there's knowledge and to have knowledge is to have skill since you need knowledge to have skill.
In response to Hulio-G
Where there's understanding there's knowledge and to have knowledge is to have skill since you need knowledge to have skill.

Understanding and Knowledge is required for both Tracing and Inking. Hell, its required for a lot of monotonous task in our daily lives.

You just read to deeply into my message. It was obviously a small exaggeration, because if you want to get technical, everything requires skill in one small way or another.

Cheer up baby.
Kataharo Tayoko wrote:
Where there's understanding there's knowledge and to have knowledge is to have skill since you need knowledge to have skill.

Understanding and Knowledge is required for both Tracing and Inking. Hell, its required for a lot of monotonous task in our daily lives.

You just read to deeply into my message. It was obviously a small exaggeration, because if you want to get technical, everything requires skill in one small way or another.

Cheer up baby.

It's not a matter of the depth of my observation. I personally know you were trying to say something like "AAing is easy", but you pushed it to a point which made the comment completely false. Not everyone knows as much as you do, they'll take it literal and pass it on. That would be just as annoying as "Iconners", don't you think?

And "technically" speaking tracing and inking don't require any skill. We can take 5-10 of these newcomers around here and you can guarantee they'd know how to copy outlines and colors (Hence, why anyone in their right mind never made a tutorial for either). Unlike for AAing where you can go to an entire community and not find a single dude who knows how to do it right.
In response to Hulio-G
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Damn dude. I surrender. :p lmao.
Kataharo Tayoko wrote:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Damn dude. I surrender. :p lmao.

Lol, that was clever.