ID:258272

Small Drawn Text!

A BYOND-Pixel-Art-Guild-Society-Scape Classic! - for teh lulz

Yes, you may use paint or photoshop for all your texting needs, but there are some cases when you can't use it, like when the surface the text is on is at a different proportion, or moved, or its way to small(2x3 pixels). Theres a small technique I use that I will teach you! Also if the text or images appear to small to read bring the image up in paint and put it in Large Size, it will be clear to you then.

As you can see(Though its hard) the text is extremely small and it says Sewer on the manhole cover, and Stop on the Stop Sign. You will hopefully will be able to create text even better or like this ^^

First: Find out what text symbol you will like to use, and what size it should be(I usually choose 2/3x3 - 2/3 is there because things like W or M go further than I or L.

Second: You will want to find its true details and where the lines are most visible. And when they are smaller, the spots where more lines take up should be the darkest, the less lines the lighter it should be. This is hard to explain in text, so here is the visual example:

Third: Switch the basic black and gray colors for the colors of your piece. As seen with my Stop Sign example, try to blend it with its background cause its so small, if there is white text on a very small background, the lesser seen parts will look light red/pinkish instead of a darker white/gray.

(I'll start making more like these, just random small techniques/tips to help people out with there pixel art struggles!)

Note: if you have any comments suggestions or criticism on this or any of this series's tutorials, please say so here or contact me at AIM: [email protected] or page me at my BYOND key!

And yes, it does say Mini Tut ^^
A helpful tut indeed

actually, i always have trouble with making pixel fonts on a small scale