ID:258284

Just some Lineart im working on

tips/comments are helpful

ignore the detail on the head for know

yup thats it, thanks
Looking pretty good.

Irks me a little about how you cant see the tail in the background though.

That's about it.
In response to W1ldr3x
W1ldr3x wrote:
Looking pretty good.

Irks me a little about how you cant see the tail in the background though.

That's about it.

ooh, yeah forgot about that xD

i was gonna leave that since i always have trouble making it look natural
In response to Atomcat

Play around with that, xD
It matters what perspective, I actually can't tell, though if you added a tail it would look like 3/4ths, though if you kept it like that it almost looks side scroller like. Which would be cool cause the way I see it is a dragon flying up, then flipping(Thats what yours is at) then flying down on him! Though if you want a 3/4 perspective, you could move the head up a bit so you could see his nose/mouth, the way it looks now is that is head is facing down towards the ground instead of in front of him.
i say give it some more kneck, and a long tail and your set ^.^
In response to W1ldr3x
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:

yeah, i fixed that up:

also did some shading etc...

tell me what you think/how i could improve

(its not fully done yet)

also cheers to wildrex for help with the tail
In response to Atomcat
Atomcat wrote:
yeah, i fixed that up:

also did some shading etc...

tell me what you think/how i could improve

(its not fully done yet)

also cheers to wildrex for help with the tail

The whole point of that was to so show you the dragons head isn't at the right angle for that perspective. You don't think it's weird he's flying with his head down?
In response to Hulio-G
he's flying now!?

o.O

it might just be me, but i see him as just standing there

I think i must've failed miserably =.=

i seriously went through all this thinking it looked like it was standing
In response to Atomcat
Atomcat wrote:
he's flying now!?

o.O

In that case I'm in bakasensais position having trouble interupting exactly what kind of perspective is going on...My reply was most influenced by his. Maybe you should have corrected him. I also looked at it and saw a creature flying

Well you made it, I guess it's standing then. In this case the entire game is top down and not 3/4ths. Meaning unless this dragon is some sort of giraffe it should be "much" longer. And of course you know if this is going into a game the players(top of the heads) and houses(roofs only) will also have to be directly top-down. I could make another side view of how to interpret this dragon when I think of it as "standing" if you want, Heh.

In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Atomcat wrote:
he's flying now!?

o.O

In that case I'm in bakasensais position having trouble interupting exactly what kind of perspective is going on...My reply was most influenced by his. Maybe you should have corrected him. I also looked at it and saw a creature flying

Well you made it, I guess it's standing then. In this case the entire game is top down and not 3/4ths. Meaning unless this dragon is some sort of giraffe it should be "much" longer. And of course you know if this is going into a game the players(top of the heads) and houses(roofs only) will also have to be directly top-down. I could make another side view of how Interpret this dragon when I think of it as "standing" if you want, Heh.

yeah i understand that all the other sprites/icons in the game must match

hmm i guess i will have to make the neck longer, you can do the perspective thing if you want, it would help

*PS* dont break the quote train
In response to Atomcat
Atomcat wrote:
yeah i understand that all the other sprites/icons in the game must match

hmm i guess i will have to make the neck longer, you can do the perspective thing if you want, it would help

Lol...Thats probably the last area to worry about. Try focusing on the actual back (not necessarily the tail). Make it clear he's being looked down upon from top and that he's "standing on all fours" not sitting down like he's waiting for doggy treats. http://images.google.com/ images?hl=en&q=dragon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

*PS* dont break the quote train

Any reason for this? Lengthy posts can get horribly messy, waste bandwidth and occasionally cause the page to load slower (lag). I'm usually the one guy thats that requests for the opposite!