ID:258318

Ok I decided to try my hand at pixel art and take the time to do it, but I cant seem to get the arms,feet, or face looking good. I cant figure out how to do the eyes so just for this post i did the old type. Also my coloring i think is a little off. Any tips or C&C would be appreciated. Thanks for you input

edited:
newest version still having trouble with the arms and still looks way too still for me but hopefully it will get there
NightJumper88 wrote:
Ok I decided to try my hand at pixel art and take the time to do it, but I cant seem to get the arms,feet, or face looking good. I cant figure out how to do the eyes so just for this post i did the old type. Also my coloring i think is a little off. Any tips or C&C would be appreciated. Thanks for you input

Nice base so far, it looks good, When you shade you should shade it with one color that matches the base, Keeping simplicity makes the icon look good.

Buts it's a nice base, Can't wait to see the finished product.
In response to Rasengan3oo4
yeah im really liking how its turning out but i cant seem to get the arms right.
In response to NightJumper88
NightJumper88 wrote:
yeah im really liking how its turning out but i cant seem to get the arms right.

There I edited it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It looks alright but it seems to me that it looks alot like Evolution Gamings base. Not sure but seems to me it does.
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:
NightJumper88 wrote:

There I edited it

Looks like the hands are behind the back in a fold.
In response to Venture
yeah i was thinking the same thing once i got the general shape out, maybe it was subconscious when i did it but actually i was basing it off of the general look of characters from Avatar cause its for an Avatar game. It might be the pants though im in the process of changing those it does look like NEs pants the more i think of it.
In response to Lendgens
Lendgens wrote:
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:
NightJumper88 wrote:

There I edited it

Looks like the hands are behind the back in a fold.

That was how the other arm was before so I just did it like that.
That looks worse xD
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:
That looks worse xD

Lulz I just used paint copied the left arm and horizontally rotated it and pasted.
Ok Ive dome some editing to it and i think the arms are ok now not perfect but they work. Also i think the legs are off a little now but not sure. some advice/suggestions would be nice

In response to NightJumper88
Arms are better now. But the eyes are messed up i would consider changing the eyes.
In response to Venture
The Whole Body:
- Add highlights of where the light really hits them. Use a lighter color, and define muscles, etc.

The Head:

- Something about the eyes make him look sleepy, remove that side black dot, and move them up a little. Makes him look awake, :D

-Also on the eyes, Use darker colors for the pupil. That light gray doesn't stand out to much, and it looks about like pure white zoomed out. After you extend you eye, try using a baby blue color and a dark blue color to make a two pixel eye toward the inside. then about that make a horizontal black line for the eyebrow.

- Move your entire head up a pixel, and add a neck.

The Chest:

-Extend it one pixel, it almost makes a flap between the abs and the chest

-Soften your outline on the chest. It makes it look weird just outlining it with a dark color. soften it up, and add highlights like i said earlier.

The Arms:
- AA the sides of the arms. They look jagged, and with alpha in DM, it allows you to AA without the pixels messing up on any sort of background.

The Legs / Pants:
-I suggest adding wrinkles to them if you can, it makes a nice effect. I wouldn't suggest using pure black, it often makes things look flat.

The Feet:
-They are pretty much fine.

Heres something that may help out
Made it really quick, xD

In response to Etinu
Talk about CC jeez you like raped it Etinu
In response to Etinu
Thanks for the input most of those things i saw and was trying to work out, like it says on the original post this is my first attempt so im still learning ill have to try AA some more i put a little but ill try and adjust it and see if i can make it look nicer.

the pants are just temporary flat i was gonna add more depth to them

The head and neck i dont agreed with it makes it look weird and fat necked if you look theres a neck there it goes in front of the shoulders i was playing around with it when making and i originally had it like the edit you did but it looked weird ill play with it more and see if i can get a nice medium inbetween.

Thanks for the comments ill work on the shading also.
In response to Etinu
Etinu wrote:
The Whole Body:
- Add highlights of where the light really hits them. Use a lighter color, and define muscles, etc.

The Head:

- Something about the eyes make him look sleepy, remove that side black dot, and move them up a little. Makes him look awake, :D

-Also on the eyes, Use darker colors for the pupil. That light gray doesn't stand out to much, and it looks about like pure white zoomed out. After you extend you eye, try using a baby blue color and a dark blue color to make a two pixel eye toward the inside. then about that make a horizontal black line for the eyebrow.

- Move your entire head up a pixel, and add a neck.

The Chest:

-Extend it one pixel, it almost makes a flap between the abs and the chest

-Soften your outline on the chest. It makes it look weird just outlining it with a dark color. soften it up, and add highlights like i said earlier.

The Arms:
- AA the sides of the arms. They look jagged, and with alpha in DM, it allows you to AA without the pixels messing up on any sort of background.

The Legs / Pants:
-I suggest adding wrinkles to them if you can, it makes a nice effect. I wouldn't suggest using pure black, it often makes things look flat.

The Feet:
-They are pretty much fine.

Heres something that may help out
Made it really quick, xD

Good edit, however the colors could use better contrast, and in the case of the pants, better coloring.

The shoulders and everything above the chest could use some shading aswell, you really want to apply more contrast to the arms aswell, if you want the muscles to stand out.

In response to Pmitch
Sorry if that was TO much CC, and yes i agree on the pants.

After all, this is YOUR base, so YOUR preferences.
In response to Etinu
AAing the outside of the base like that wont look well in-game.
In response to Hulio-G
Cant you just use the alpha on dm? Or would it still mess up?
In response to Etinu
its never too much C&C I was just responding to it and giving thoughts on what you said, I appreciate the advice like I said im new to this
Page: 1 2