ID:258326

Doing some portraits based off these 4 from my project.

Gonna go ahead and start on the other 2, but here's what I've done so far.

Edit:

Other 2

Feedback?
Interesting style, Nose on the one in the blue looks awkward, though.

Edit: Clicked the link and looked at it better, Noticed its supposed to be that pointy.Looking pretty cool.
AmonR wrote:

Good stuff. Only thing I thought worth mentioning is that the AAing around his hairs looked like it needed some work. The bottom part of the beard was just appearing blurry and on the mustache the lines seemed jagged in some areas. I only did a few areas to show what I mean. (@ Beard; a good technique when aaing is to actually alternate with the lightest shade touching that outline/background).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Red just looks way too evil the way his eyes are.

There's something funky with the curve on the top right side of Yellow's crown.

I can't really tell what's going on with Green's neck, if you look at it a certain way it looks like he has a turkey neck sliding over the collar of his shirt. Cannot unsee.

Other than that they're fantastic.
Well now, I see that you finally pixeled something that had to do with this ( Or from what I have seen so far; MSN mobile =] ). Really nice work though TERRANCE.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
Red just looks way too evil the way his eyes are.

Nuthin nice about em.

> There's something funky with the curve on the top right side of Yellow's crown.

Don't see it.

> I can't really tell what's going on with Green's neck, if you look at it a certain way it looks like he has a turkey neck sliding over the collar of his shirt. Cannot unsee.

Oh god now it's all I can see too.

Hulio-G wrote:

Good stuff. Only thing I thought worth mentioning is that the AAing around his hairs looked like it needed some work. The bottom part of the beard was just appearing blurry and on the mustache the lines seemed jagged in some areas. I only did a few areas to show what I mean. (@ Beard; a good technique when aaing is to actually alternate with the lightest shade touching that outline/background).

Not sure what you mean, but I followed the example basically.

In response to AmonR
Yeah the crown on the blue guys head looks akward, as SAx said, it looks like there is a stray dark pixel in there on its bottom middle curve. And if you tried to fix the green guys neck you made it 100x worse, if you didn't then thats bad get rid of that small green layer of clothe of his neck.
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:
Yeah the crown on the blue guys head looks akward, as SAx said, it looks like there is a stray dark pixel in there on its bottom middle curve. And if you tried to fix the green guys neck you made it 100x worse, if you didn't then thats bad get rid of that small green layer of clothe of his neck.

Thought he said the Yellow king. And how'd I manage to make it worse?
In response to AmonR
The green over it just makes it look like its very wrong, like it has 2 turtle necks now. The old one looked more like a hoodie. And the curve he is talking about is on the bottom of the middle crown part I think.
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:
The green over it just makes it look like its very wrong, like it has 2 turtle necks now. The old one looked more like a hoodie. And the curve he is talking about is on the bottom of the middle crown part I think.

He is very fond of turtle necks and argyle sweaters thank you. I'll fix it later though. And there are no curves on the blue king's crown :[
In response to AmonR
AmonR wrote:
Not sure what you mean, but I followed the example basically.

Me I usually always let the lightest shade touch outline. Sometimes you can do the same thing without losing the feel of the image(in this case I wanted it to still seem like Amons work). "Alternating" between that lightest shade touching the outline and you'll get the same effect.

Red pixels = Where that lighter shades touch the outline(in this case the darkness).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
AmonR wrote:
Doing some portraits based off these 4 from my project.

Edit:

Other 2

Feedback?

yellow is a pedophile (and his hat reminds me of bum cheeks)

greens hairline annoys me for some reason

otherwise it's all good

also blue reminds me of a portrait or piece i've seen somewhere else, namely his eyes