ID:258336

Well I just recently picked up pixelling(or iconning whichever you prefer) and after reading a few tuts I figured I'd try to make a base. Anyway here's my attempt....

Photobucket

Criticism,tips , flame, etc. are all welcome.
EWWW IT'S NAKED YOU PERV

no jk
Oh yea also

if you're trying to not give it a chibi/baby look
you might wanna consider making it a little less short looking
like making the whole body smaller, making the legs longer, blah blah you see where im going

thought the way it is right now, it's really good for a chibi look
In response to Tsukihana
Tsukihana wrote:
Oh yea also

if you're trying to not give it a chibi/baby look
you might wanna consider making it a little less short looking
like making the whole body smaller, making the legs longer, blah blah you see where im going

thought the way it is right now, it's really good for a chibi look

Yea its kind of hard to not make it look short since it's only 32x32. The only thing I could really do to make it taller is either to expand to 32x64 or make him skinnier.

Also I actually looked off a bunch of chibi-like bases when I was making it so that might of also been a bit of the source...
Photobucket

Tried to make it less "chibi" but its slowly starting to look like the RPG Maker base which is disappointing....
In response to MasoutheCrossdresser
To make it less 'chibi' like you take away that huge ass head! If you want it realistic then make his head about 4-5 pixels wide, and about 5-6 pixel tall, and don't show the ears.
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:
To make it less 'chibi' like you take away that huge ass head! If you want it realistic then make his head about 4-5 pixels wide, and about 5-6 pixel tall, and don't show the ears.

Okay, thanks. Also should I fix my shading? If so, any tips on that?
Pants... that is all...(Shading is pretty good for a first attempt though, can't really C&C real nice seeing how I'm not a pixel artist myself)
In response to Rtbbvr
Well I wanted to get this first one done first before I went onto adding pants, other directions, and animation.

Photobucket

Made the head smaller on the first one and then I made the body skinnier and changed the outline on the second.
Head is much to tall on the second. Just a pixel or two shorter so it doesn't look like a mars man xP
In response to Rtbbvr
Rtbbvr wrote:
Head is much to tall on the second. Just a pixel or two shorter so it doesn't look like a mars man xP

I had actually already done that yesterday because my friend mentioned the same thing but I didn't update it...

Photobucket
Just the animation. It could use more work. Maybe raise the arms higher as he swings them, move his shoulders around a bit more, make his body move less as he walks...quality looks messed up though..

Photobucket
Might try putting an outline from his arms to his body to distinguish them and there movements.
In response to Bakasensei
Read my mind. Also, knock out the swaying up and down motion. It looks like hes skipping or something lol