ID:258338

After looking at a few trees, and using Amon's tree tutorial as a guide, I started up this tree. I think its coming along good so far, and ive had helpful critique from amon and HulioG from it.

Ill fill it with leaves after the trunk is finished, that way ill have two trees, one for winter, and one with leaves for everywhere else.

Any crits?
There doesn't seem to be a lightsource on it from any direction, thats my only big concern, and that the roots look a little akward, and too small. Also there is a couple of tree branches where you see an extra pixel at the very end going up that makes it look weird, and shouldn't be there. But so far great job!
After taking in a few crits i removed the top branch and seperated it into two smaller branches each splitting off, i also added another color to show alittle more depth, however i am not finished with it. Next ill be working with the shadows to define a better lightsource, and then ill begin making leaves for it.

In response to Pmitch
Looks a lot better, good job. The lightsource shouldn't be too difficult, since it's a relatively large piece with not a lot detail.
In response to Maggeh

okay, thats the finished leafless version I gave it a lightsource coming from the right. now for the leaves.
In response to Pmitch
Pmitch wrote:

okay, thats the finished leafless version I gave it a lightsource coming from the right. now for the leaves.

wow thats coming out really nice. I just hope the leaves match with the tone and style of the tree.