ID:258354

EmmanuelV wrote:
Hola Everyone! This is Manny and well I don't know if any of you know me, seeing how I'm not a pixel artist and this is my 2nd real piece of Pixel work (My 1st being a Shukaku icon I made a while back). But today I was kinda bored so I opened up a Paint Window and BAM! Megatron, the most Bad@$$ character in Transformers happened. I still need to Finish the Body then Animate it but for some reason I just had the urge to post it on Pixel Guild now. Also this took me forever. I was on the computer for like 2 hours straight completely zoned out from the rest of the world working on this, so if your going to crit don't be a complete 8==D and just bag on everything.

wow thats really good, what referance did u use. Lol btw i saw mes transformer and its no where as good.
3 things i thought u could tweak
1. i cant really tell where light source is coming from. Seems like u made half of it and mirrored it
2. try to use black outlines as less as possible. Its a little detail but it makes a difference
3. > Megatron, the most Bad@$$ character in Transformers
yeah we all know its Optimus prime
Reference:
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2006/08/25/ megatron-transformers-1.jpg

It looks very exact but like he said it looks like you mirrored make a direct light source. Also wasn't his soulders more of metal plates rather than wires. Make the metal thing under his nose pointed and more straight. Since you didn't use a light source it kinda looks like you pillow shaded somewhat along his metal plates. Other than that nice!
In response to Troy1121
Thanks, I'm kinda new to pixel art so I don't really know how to use a light source and still make the image look metallic.
Turning up the contrast for a more metallic look would be a good start. And filling in all those big gaping blank gray areas with detail before moving on and making other parts of the body.
NOOOOOO! You had to do Megatron from TF 2007 Movie? not g-1? Head Masters? BEAST WARS!? Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise. Armada, ETC!?
i just sharpened up the image. I sorta like the finished image

Photobucket