ID:258406

While replying to a post in the BYOND Anime forum concerning a 3D program called Blender 3D, I ended up looking through my Photobucket account for old screenshots of a 3D model of Hiei from YuYu Hakusho I made based off a Lemming body.

I figure, seeing as it's also art, perhaps I should post it here for others to enjoy and/or comment on. I no longer have the file (at least I don't think I do), so I have no intention of further working on it and updating/improving it; as such, I'm not posting it as a Work In Progress.

The program I used was Milkshape 3D. It's been quite a while since I've used it, too. I made my own model of Hiei (from YuYu Hakusho) for a game called Lemming Ball Z which came out fairly decent for a first try, though I suppose with more time and practice, it would've come out much better.

Note* Though the game was mainly based off Dragon Ball Z, the characters were modeled after Lemmings, hence the physical shape of my Hiei model. He's not shaped like that because I suck at modeling but simply because I followed the model all of the game's characters were based from.

Lemming

Note* The screenshots were taken from another 3D program called fragMOTION due to Milkshape constantly crashing on me for some reason.

Edit*
Perhaps if people start to download these 3D programs and begin making their own models, this would make a great Monthly Challenge. I'd love to see the rest of the community trying their hand at 3D art. It'd be a bit refreshing to take a break from all of the pixel art focus, as much as I do so enjoy pixel art.
Looks more like a horrible attempt at editing the Lemming Ball Z models.
In response to Branks
Well I never quite said I made it from scratch. Following the tutorial given in the game's forum, I had to edit an existing model. Don't remember what I used but, meh.