ID:258407

AG's been messing with some building styles, and we've found one we rather like. Kind of stuck when it comes to shading the top, though. Plus, the front of the building looks really bland but I'm not sure on how to shade it. I also tried some window styles, but none seemed to match the building. Maybe you guys could take a go at it and help me out?

My examples rough looking, but it gets the point. On the back part of the builing, wouldnt you be seeing the roof come back in?

Also, you can add steam as i did on your little machine thingy.

Or create a sinked in roof, for depth if you want.

Random little things :D
In response to W1ldr3x
Yeah, I had the sunken roof concept in my last version, I forgot to carry it over into this one.
Nice additions, but I still have the same problem. The face of the building and the top have no shading, and I'm not sure on how to go about shading them.
In response to KashikoiMeisai
Your perspective is inconsistent. The building itself uses 3/4th, but then the metal machine on the roof is too flat, as if on a side-scroller. You should fix it.
It's in the same perspective as the building?
If it were made as a side-scroller, you would only see one pipe, and you wouldn't be able to see the entire top of it..
Seems I'm mistaken. I got confused by W1ldr3x's edit.
Oh, I see what you mean. The steam makes it look like you're seeing it from the side.
Still, though, any suggestions on shading the top or front? T-T
Ok... You're asking how you can prevent it from being to bland... Look at what amon managed to do with this wall... try something like that... http://www.byond.com/members/PixelArt/forum?id=7006. Also, you can try just making you're shading going higher, it's fairly low on the building. For the roof, mayby make shadows, if you're using the depth effect. But... you'll really never know how plain your building is, untill you add windows, so try adding windows and seeing how it looks, and yes, I know you are going to eventually. And, I think the door looks fairly odd(just because of how it's shaded, pillow shaded), if I'm correct, I think it's supposed to be fabric flap. So try adding wrinkles, and mayby not making them identical, make the wrinkles in different spots.
Shadows are going to be cast from one building to the next(From NA's light source the building on the right will be shaded in from the building in the middle). The overhang on the top will also shade down onto the building. Also the roof should be sunk in from the overhang, so you'll be able to see a small wall and shading from that. You really need to add texture to it as well(Roof should be a different texture than the walls).
In response to Bakasensei

Messed with the shadows a little bit. Do all the shadows make sense? D;
AA, texture the wood properly, Drag out the shade.
This is more of what I meant, and you had some shading errors(Though in my edit I do to, I just made it clear as to what it should look more like).

In response to Bakasensei
Not following yours, Menzu. Light source is coming from the top left, so along the bottom edge of the building it wouldn't be shadowed, right?