ID:258454

byond

Been a while since I posted anything, went for a style I feel more comfortable with. The arms are where the differences are. frames 1 and 3 are the same arm style with different hands. ditto for frames 2 and 4. the hands are just ideas for now and with the rest are subject to change as well. Hell, everything is subject to change, I would just like some input, and ideas on what changes would help the most.

Thanks!

~Cryptic
byond

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Update - still looking for input?

~Cryptic
In response to Cryptic
I'd say:
-number four reads the best (vs. 2 as far as hands and vs. 1 & 3 as far as legs)
-lengthen the upper arm on the east facing frame.
-I'm not sure if your other frame isn't too flat (side scroller perspective) compared to the east facing.
-it's a little hard to tell how some of that line art will play out without any blocked in colors...
...but otherwise, it's good and stylish.
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
TheMonkeyDidIt wrote:
I'd say:
-number four reads the best (vs. 2 as far as hands and vs. 1 & 3 as far as legs)
-lengthen the upper arm on the east facing frame.
-I'm not sure if your other frame isn't too flat (side scroller perspective) compared to the east facing.
-it's a little hard to tell how some of that line art will play out without any blocked in colors...
...but otherwise, it's good and stylish.

I thought you left o.O... :P
In response to Cryptic
Cryptic wrote:

Is that why you posted? (Heh)
I did take a break for a couple of months (I never intended it to be forever - I just needed to ramp down my activity on BYOND and quit pushing). I was pretty burned out on a couple of fronts and frustrated with BYOND for a few reasons. I'm still quite retired from mod'ing these forums (you can consider the mod tag by my name just for show - like a napolean hat on an asylum patient). M, P, and A are doing a fine job on the guild and I try to stay out of their way.
But, no, this isn't a resurgance. I just post about three things a week and this time one was on your thread.
Lucky you, huh?
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
TheMonkeyDidIt wrote:
Cryptic wrote:

Lucky you, huh?

Ack! You caught me! How'd you figure my only goal was to come up with something absurd, common, and yet somehow a little original just to con you into making another post!

LoL, no, I kid. But thanks for the input in the previous post (I couldn't think of a reply beyond "I thought you left" because of my shock of you responding...) I'm making some adjustments, coloring, etc. Will edit with update.

[EDIT]
Photobucket
In response to Cryptic
Cryptic wrote:
TheMonkeyDidIt wrote:
Cryptic wrote:

Lucky you, huh?

Ack! You caught me! How'd you figure my only goal was to come up with something absurd, common, and yet somehow a little original just to con you into making another post!

LoL, no, I kid. But thanks for the input in the previous post (I couldn't think of a reply beyond "I thought you left" because of my shock of you responding...) I'm making some adjustments, coloring, etc. Will edit with update.

[EDIT]
Photobucket

Nice work. I'm liking the shading. Not to wonder off topic, but didn't you work on DBZ Spar back in the day with Ebonshadow?
In response to Branks

I softened your outlines, and tried to soften some shading that made the limbs look odd.
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
Nice work. I'm liking the shading. Not to wonder off topic, but didn't you work on DBZ Spar back in the day with Ebonshadow?

Not on DBZ Spar, though I was working on some side projects for/with Ebon