ID:258693

This is a small technique i use to make the clothes pixeling quicker when working in DM. Its easy enough, and some people probably do this, but i thought id just make it more known.

You ever make an outfit for a base, but want to seperate it from the base so you can make it its own dmi as an overlay? Usually what ive found people to do is use the pencil or line tools to seperate the base from the clothes, but the easier thing, which ive been doing for awhile, is to make sure your clothes dont use the same colors as your base. With that done, all you have to do is:

swap the unwanted colors(which would include the base and whatever colors you dont want) with the background. Just click the color you want swapped out, then click the background color, and it will delete the color out. Keep doing this until only your clothes remain, and voila.

This will speed up the process of getting the clothes by themselves for each frame, and make it alittle less tedious.
Hope this helps.
In response to Chris-g1
I was just talking about that with Branks earlier, and we both agreed that the swap tool, + an alpha color would do wonders in the edit colors bar.
In response to Pmitch
Hmm, I've been doing that for a while...thought it was common knowledge. Ah well, I'm sure anyone who didn't know this trick will be thankful.
This could also be achieved by making a utility using SwapColor() to remove all the colors the base is using and then exporting the resulting icon.