ID:259018

Since i remade all most every turf i decided to start on a new base,

How does this look?I started out making a skinny base to map out the base,ended up with a more GBA FFT style look(at least thats what i was aiming for)anything i should change b4 i try coloring it?also those are the skin shades i chose to use ima try all 3rows see wich looks best(should i change any of them?contrast?tint?)

Edited the front walking state ,didn't bend knees to give that FFT feel(my monitor fell and the liquid inside is messed up so it looks fuzzy in my screen >_<)

Heres sword Vert swing(added a crappy sword just for demo)
In response to MademanOne
Its comeing along but the body looks alittle stife and flat the chest needs to be fixed it looks like the peck is siting on the shoulder and the walking looks a bit off aswell but its looking great just keep at it and keep redoing and redoing until you get something great post more when you get it done love to see
Dont be afraid to move the entire body around. Right now it looks incredibly stiff in the arms, because you just have part of the arm moving, while the shoulder, which should also move is completely static. There needs to be a bounce in the step aswell, have the legs bend while moving forward and backward.
I like the 2nd one, has got few needless movements (hes backing his leg too early, try to slash like that with stick or something and notice your movements, its the best way), but looks good :)

The walking animation is worse. The feets dont leave ground at all, knees should fold.

In response to Egor
yea thats 8 states,i need 2 or 3 more,i noticed it looks wierd how it is.i wanted somthing more defined than a simple 3to4 state v-swing.
yea,i guess ill add 2 more states to walking,bend the knees a bit.
my comp isnt working atm,using psp to write.
-->-->-->
# of states 7>8>6>7
(last 2 haved some edited states,last one has 7 just like original just has 1 diffrent state)

-->
(edited the states, i added 1 state to original then saw it just slowed the swing dowsn so i removed it + removed another from original)original has 6 states edited has 5
2 handed vert swing looks funky >_<
in 2 hand the swing should be wider and longer.
MademanOne wrote:
-->
(edited added one more state at end of swing)

2 handed vert swing looks funky >_<

2 handed one- His left leg needs to step forward after he swings.
In response to Egor
@Rocky --his leg does step foward after swing i starts from behind him and he steps forward

@Egor -- what do u mean wider?
He means the mob has his hands and weapon too close to his chest, rather than his arms moving outward for a slash. Atlast thats how i see it. Its still too stiff, and the arms should be longer for that slash.

The arms should be animated more. They should raise over the mob's head, move out alittle and then come down for that slash. meanwhile you need to have the the mob's right leg step forward while slashing, to show that weight was put into it. Try working on the animation abit more and see what you get. I suggest looking at any sword swinging references you find.
In response to Pmitch
thanks Pmitch ima try mess with it,i cant make the arms go over his head since its too big and they are short.i looked for references didnt find anything i could work with so i used my self as a reference.
In response to Egor
do you know how many frames that is?(sword swing)
Not really, check it with IfranView, for example :)