ID:259032

Im not too creative for an artist so the monsters are pretty simple and plain >_<

PS. i suck at the 3/4 angle,or any angle
Looks like you got some inspiration from Eternia.
In response to Boxcar
That ^^^^
In response to Rockeyx2
Yes the red guy was inspired by eternia,i was compelled to try something like what i saw >_<.
The dragons wernt ive been doing dragons on paper so i thought i would try to pixle one,i wish they looked more like dragons than dinos D: oh well

@Rockey Huh?

edit--

Wierd base but i like how its not as simple as most games.its 3 diffrent body sizes(still working on 3/4 view)My AA or w/e u call that wich i did needs alot of work ehh...i just did this to test my 3/4 P.view trying get better at that.

In response to MademanOne
One thing you can work on is choosing your colors better, they are relatively flat.
In response to Boxcar
i dont like bright colors much if that what u mean by "Flat"(that my colors are dull),also are you talking about a certain monster or all in general?
I think he means the colors don't have much contrast.
Yeah what Jordan11 is advising to improve your art by refining it's palette. When you use a lot of colors that are very similar to each other it creates a blur effect, and for a Mob that needs to stand out this is a very bad technique(Though you can take my word for it you are a good artist!) What ya need to do is limit the amount of colors your using, contrast them, which means to have colors that stand out against eachother and are not similar though still go together in the piece. Also hue-shifting can create a nice effect, this is changing the colors palette colours to different hues to make it stand out more and seem more alive. Like this base for example, the darkest shades can have a dark brownish-purple color(Purple represents black, since black is a very avoided color) then to a red and brown mix. Then mid-way the colors are normal tans of skin tone, then the highlights hue is shifted to a more yellow and even slightly whitish color to really show the details well and make the base standout and seem fresh and alive, instead of dull, flat and boring.

As for the A&Aing(Anti-Aliasing) on a base this isn't a practiced technique. A&Aing's whole purpose is to blend pieces of art together, while with a base you want it to stand out. So you use very elaborated, alive and stand-outish colors that make it pop out and seperate from the enviorment around it!

Even if you need anymore help at all just ask!
Bakasensei ok ill try and work on that thanks for clearing things up

Im helping make an RPG and well i wanna know if these buildings would fit the style most rpgs as well as grass/dirt tiles.

Yeah they look great, the buildings though look like you made half copied and flipped but it still looks good. The colors need more contrasting still, especially on the grass. The current palette makes it look very flat, and the icons to blend the grass need shadows to seperate them from the other turf and make it seem like the grass has depth. Also you seem to be pillow shading the objects, which looks alright for big pieces of work like that, though if you add a light source it will look great.

Changed the grass put the building in added some misc turfs some shading to hill(all done in paint instead of Dream maker)not sure what to add in center of that little patch of walk way that circles.

Hows it look?(not finished gonna add more stuff trees for example,cherry blossoms just cant make em look right D:)

also cant seem make the houses blend in with the backgrounds i tryed removing outline doesnt look right >_<
Try adding some shadows, too.