ID:259198

Plus, despite our current freeware mentality we are capitalists at heart! Hopefully this is a reasonable compromise for everyone involved.

What's good for business is good for America (or insert other country here). At least when the business in question is Dantom. :)

Fixed: Icon-states still weren't always being correctly generated on the map builder. (Guy T.)

Fixed, eh? We'll just see about that... hopefully tonight!

Increased the delay between successive calls to Stat() from one server tick (0.1s) to about 8 times that.

Sounds reasonable. Does that include the automatic verb panels? Well, never mind, I guess I could find out for myself...

Removed the "..." button on the mapper. No one really knew what it did (including us designers). (Guy T.)

That may be the most amusing release note yet. Hopefully it wasn't an automatic bug-correction mechanism!
Increased the delay between successive calls to Stat() from one server tick (0.1s) to about 8 times that.

I think this change was a really good idea. Given that we're not doing First Person Shooters here, there was no real purpose to having updates every 1/10th of a second, since players would be very unlikely to be able to operate on the information that quickly.

By extending the time, you will probably considerably increase the smooth flow of games and reduce the CPU hit, while having no perceptible impact on the playing experience.

The best kind of change!
In response to Deadron
I think this change was a really good idea. Given that we're not doing First Person Shooters here, there was no real purpose to having updates every 1/10th of a second, since players would be very unlikely to be able to operate on the information that quickly.

But I am doing a first-person shooter! And boy, is it a pain to draw all the icons.

(Just kidding!)
In response to Guy T.
But I am doing a first-person shooter! And boy, is it a pain to draw all the icons.

I actually WAS planning on doing a 3D emulator (so you could convert normal 2D worlds into three-dee), but quickly stopped when I figured out I'd need at least 200 icon_states per object.