ID:259218

If I design two separate icons for an object, and create a new instance of the object using the second icon, Gen() won't create any icon states for the second icon. It would be pretty handy to have them generated. Any chance of adding that behavior?

Aside from that, everything is going great! (Knock on wood.)

[Edit: here's an example of why it might be useful. I have lots of different wall designs and variations on each theme, so I'm putting each theme in its own dmi file. I also might want to use varying palettes, which (I think) would make different icons mandatory.]
I just remembered one of those obscure, little-known features of BYOND: inheritance.

I guess you could still put it on The List, but it doesn't seem nearly as urgent now...
In response to Guy T.
I guess you could still put it on The List, but it doesn't seem nearly as urgent now...

But you know what would be cool? If the Gen button automatically alphabetized the list by icon state.
In response to Guy T.
On 9/10/00 4:29 am Guy T. wrote:

But you know what would be cool? If the Gen button automatically alphabetized the list by icon state.

That shouldn't be a problem.