ID:259220

I'm curious if there's a way to shift the focus from the browser window to the BYOND interface without mouse-clicking.

Example: I click a link in the browse window. Then I read the results. Then I try to move using the arrow keys, but I can't because the focus is still in the browse window. So I have to reach for the mouse again...

Any ideas?
On 9/10/00 7:21 am Guy T. wrote:
I'm curious if there's a way to shift the focus from the browser window to the BYOND interface without mouse-clicking.

Example: I click a link in the browse window. Then I read the results. Then I try to move using the arrow keys, but I can't because the focus is still in the browse window. So I have to reach for the mouse again...

Any ideas?

Believe it or not, I spent a whole day on this damn problem. I have concluded that, without rewriting IE from scratch, it is impossible to get working the way I want. The problem is that sometimes you need the focus in the browser (mainly for forms), so I can't just automatically place it on the command line as with the other controls. Unfortunately it seems to be a technical conundrum to detect whether you are in an editing situation on the browser. I'll try to do some sort of move-focus trick next time I mess with it.
In response to Tom H.

Any ideas?

Dammit, everyone's suggesting stuff I suggested a while back!
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/10/00 2:08 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Any ideas?

Ahem, *I* reported that one first.

Ahem.
In response to Deadron
On 9/10/00 3:22 pm Deadron wrote:
On 9/10/00 2:08 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Ahem, *I* reported that one first.

Ahem.

Both of you are wrong. I spent a day trying to fix this glitch _before_ releasing the built-in browser.

Ahem.