ID:259234

I'm not sure what the problem is with the server or connection to the new machine. I've asked Dan to take a look at it.

In the meantime, I've restored the hosting service to our old machine. If you would like to use it, you'll need to set the "dantom address" configuration in the "Preferences" option on the pager to:

newdream.net:6001

However-- and this is very important -- note that this is only a temporary setting and once dantom.com starts working it will be invalid. This means that those of you who have made this change will not be able to connect until you restore the preference. The best default value to use is simply the empty string, which will use a hard-coded result.

I think the best idea is to just wait until dantom.com is working again (it might be something simple). If it doesn't get up today we can delay the GoB for a couple of days (I can't make it today anyway, so this is actually better for me-- but I encourage meetings regardless).

Thanks for the patience!
It turns out that the new machine has some ports closed for security considerations. Dan's asked the team to disable this feature, so we should be sailing smoothly once they attend to it.
In response to Tom H.
On 9/24/00 9:44 pm Tom H. wrote:
It turns out that the new machine has some ports closed for security considerations. Dan's asked the team to disable this feature, so we should be sailing smoothly once they attend to it.

Has anyone got it to work yet?

I tried late last night with no luck, and can't check right now.
In response to Deadron
On 9/25/00 1:00 pm Deadron wrote:

It's still down. But the admins are looking into it now. We'll keep you posted.
In response to Deadron

Yeah, I put up the Spuzzum Domain world, which contains all of my games in a MUCH Spuzz-friendlier fashion. It's easier on me. =)

I can't test it right now, though.

Uh oh, gotta get back to work!
In response to Tom H.
On 9/25/00 1:19 pm Tom H. wrote:
On 9/25/00 1:00 pm Deadron wrote:

It's still down. But the admins are looking into it now. We'll keep you posted.

Oh well, no dice so far!

Guess it's a good night to work on finishing up the next release of the Deadron library.