ID:259245

Hello all, I'm an old friend of Tom H, and he pretty much
knows what I'm requesting. I'm looking for a program that can essentially "play a java program" automatically. I'm
not actually looking for the program itself, but rather the
hooks needed to do so.

So this would probably include:
- decompilation of downloaded Java.
- an interface to do equivalent "POST"s or "GET"s
to the server (the java programs origin)
- debugability is a plus
- commands to mimic the IE or Netscape headers

The Booty Boy.
On 10/13/00 10:21 am Booty Boy wrote:
Hello all, I'm an old friend of Tom H, and he pretty much
knows what I'm requesting. I'm looking for a program that can essentially "play a java program" automatically. I'm
not actually looking for the program itself, but rather the
hooks needed to do so.

So this would probably include:
- decompilation of downloaded Java.
- an interface to do equivalent "POST"s or "GET"s
to the server (the java programs origin)
- debugability is a plus
- commands to mimic the IE or Netscape headers

Um, no comment.
Hey Booty!

I have yet to fully investigate the full functionality gained by BYOND by virtue of embedding the browser. I believe that all client messages do in fact filter through us first, so better control should be possible. This is actually a timely request, since we are currently trying to set things up so that you can do analagous things (such as login to your account) through both the web and the BYOND client. To support this, we need to handle certain requests specially.

Right now BYOND merely allows you to send out arbitrary urls as if you were typing them in the web browser. You can therefore easily do GET requests simply by sending out a link with the information embedded in the url. I don't believe we can do POST requests yet-- the client must have a special command to tell it to send the server the embedded information after the request is submitted. The client can also function as a psuedo web-server by responding to a certain type of URL (byond://).

I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to automate your system through BYOND (current incarnation or future), but I will tell you what I think is possible when I investigate the problem. If the Java applet interacts with the http at all, then that is probably going through the control and can thus be interecepted and rerouted or whatever. At that point maybe I can hack together something or tell you what needs to be done.