ID:259267

Hey, I just noticed BYOND supports color codes when used as a Telnet client! Cool. Of course, it's been a while since I fiddled with MUDs, so maybe this has been around for some time, or maybe I even knew it at one point and forgot it...

The MUD I was experimenting with showed up in the pager, too. So BYOND might have a "trickle-down" effect of bringing new players to non-BYOND games! Now I see why Tom picked that Reagan icon in L&D. :)

The MUD I was experimenting with showed up in the pager, too. So BYOND might have a "trickle-down" effect of bringing new players to non-BYOND games!

By building up your telnet.dms file, you can even make most of the MUD commands appear in the verbs list and auto-expand on the command-line.

We also have a fairly functional IRC mode. We figured supporting those two protocols might do exactly what you said-give BYOND a little more exposure in two audiences that would be pretty impressed by the contrast between what they are used to and what BYOND can offer.

Maybe we should build up a small list of good "legacy" worlds for people to explore with Dream Seeker.

--Dan