ID:259476

I just DLed the new version 313 and i cant join any games it always says "Dream Daemon is too far out of date."
the same thing happened to me and i dont no what to do either
Strange Kidd wrote:
I just DLed the new version 313 and i cant join any games it always says "Dream Daemon is too far out of date."

That's not an error. If you took a look at the release notes, you'd see that 313 and prior versions are incompatible. This means you're trying to join someone's game that's hosted on an older version.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Strange Kidd wrote:

That's not an error. If you took a look at the release notes, you'd see that 313 and prior versions are incompatible. This means you're trying to join someone's game that's hosted on an older version.

Actually, it is an error. The new client should be able to connect to old servers, just not the other way around. I haven't been able to reproduce it for myself (all old games seem to work, including DWO), but we'll keep investigating.
In response to Tom
Tom, try hosting DWO 1.52 from Linux's DreamDaemon (versio 312) and you will get the problem.
In response to CableMonkey
CableMonkey wrote:
Tom, try hosting DWO 1.52 from Linux's DreamDaemon (versio 312) and you will get the problem.

I am seeing the problem now. We'll have a fix shortly. Sorry about that...
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
CableMonkey wrote:

I am seeing the problem now. We'll have a fix shortly. Sorry about that...

I reuploaded the binaries with a fix (forgot to change the version #s though, so they are just in the same place). Please download the update again and confirm this.
In response to Tom
It works now. Thanks