In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
I live in texas....

Only a few hours (ok maybe 10-12 or so) by bus or train... and you may find others who could pick you up on the way...
In response to Sariat
hah, you think you cant go. think about us poor people from England and other countrys
In response to mazarot
mazarot wrote:
hah, you think you cant go. think about us poor people from England and other countrys

I live in Denmark :)
Alathon\\
In response to Alathon
Alathon wrote:
mazarot wrote:

I live in Denmark :)
Alathon\\

And since I live in Germany, maybe we should have a 'BYONDfest:Europe'?
In response to mazarot
mazarot wrote:
i went to a camp like that about 2 years ago, it was a computer camep, called ACE computercamp (www.computercamp.com)when i was there i learnt coding, it was simple coding for making text games, but coding
it was about £350 for a week, they rented out a suite in a college and setup there own LAN of about 30-40 computers, we wer set tasks and stuff to do, and we had a handy coding tutorial on the computers.
but it wasnt all coding, like for every 2 hours there, we uld spend a while playing LAN games, like C&Ctiberian sum, Half life, Quake 3 ect ect which was a laff. jus fort id comment cos the camp sounded like the one i went to

Whoa! Have you heard of run-on sentences? It's scary that a person who forms sentences this poorly went to a computer programming camp.
In response to Mertek
Mertek wrote:
Whoa! Have you heard of run-on sentences? It's scary that
a person who forms sentences this poorly went to a
computer programming camp.

At least he didn't use Ebonics...
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
Mertek wrote:
Whoa! Have you heard of run-on sentences? It's scary that
a person who forms sentences this poorly went to a
computer programming camp.

At least he didn't use Ebonics...

W00t be da dillio wit my shiznito?
digitalmouse wrote:
Sariat wrote:
I live in texas....

Only a few hours (ok maybe 10-12 or so) by bus or train... and you may find others who could pick you up on the way...

Oh yeah...I'm 14....with overprotective parents...
Actually I think (for the purpose of convinence) Dan should take the east coast of America and Tom the west, and since I live only about 2 hours from Dan, i'd probably be able to go :). And it would be a whole lot more convinent rather then basing a central location.
In response to ADDiCt
I live around 16-18 hours from Dan, and at least 16 hours from Tom, so it doesn't matter to me.
In response to Sariat
ME too... but im 12...
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:

Tell 'em to go with you! Make it a vacation... come on! be creative! I was able to tavel from Georgia to Toronto on the pretense that I was visiting a cousin; actually I went to see RUSH live in a private club in the 80's... great bootleg-tape until I lost it...
digitalmouse wrote:
Sariat wrote:

Tell 'em to go with you!

No.... No.... make that a <big> HELL NO</big>.

In response to ADDiCt
ADDiCt wrote:
Actually I think (for the purpose of convinence) Dan
should take the east coast of America and Tom the
west...

While I would prefer to meet the 'creators' together at the same time, splitting them up between the coasts is not a bad idea. It gives more accessibility.

We could do a 'net video phone to connect the two BYONDfests together...
In response to Shun Di
Shun Di wrote:
ME too... but im 12...

Hey, this was your idea - don*t back out of it now...

So how do you go to 'camp'? We could set up a 'parental packet' with all the info needed to allow your parents to know exactly where you would be, and who to contact in cases of emergency - something we would provide on a website anyway as a part of the BYONDfest details...
In response to Sariat
Well, maybe I can setup a webcam server for those who can't attend personally, but could be there for 'virtual' conferences during talks or classes...
In response to Shun Di
i personally agree with just the weekend cook out.... :P it would cost less...more peeps would probably come as well.....( prob the best option..if this were to go down...)
-Hock
digitalmouse wrote:
Well, maybe I can setup a webcam server for those who can't attend personally, but could be there for 'virtual' conferences during talks or classes...

Hmm...that would be better than not going at all! If this was in North Texas, I might be able to go...
digitalmouse wrote:

I work at a university in the Distance Learning department. Perhaps we could arrange some Interactive TV conferences. Several computers with T1 internet access in the room and nice cooshie chairs for everyone. ;) (Fancier ITV rooms at other universities have a computer at each seat, but I'm limited to only 4 comuters in the local ITV room. :( )
I'm 14, and my mom was about to let me go on a cross country trip with Gazoot..Oh and to Canada with him as well..
Page: 1 2 3 4