ID:260183

I finally began to tweak around with WINE again, and here's a good update.

Dream Maker- Somewhat works (map editing; coding)
When trying to "edit" a icon, Dream Maker freezes.

BYOND Pager- Loads, seems stable enough. Crashes whenever sending (or getting) a page (the text box comes up to send a page, but whenever you hit OK, it kind of freezes up, I assume this has to do with the RichText problems.)

Dream Seeker- Loads up games, but if you "output" something to the textbox, dream seeker freezes.

Dream Daemon- Works Fine.

Were getting REALLY close to a full BYOND experience on linux! Would there be any way I could aid WINE in fixing up BYOND? May-be I could do some kind of "nightly builds"?

SCREENSHOT:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Interesting, what distro is that? because nothing works when I try it on my Mandrake 2005 PC
In response to Talion Knight
I'm using Kubuntu, I just followed a tutorial, it was a bit of work, but I think it was worth it.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/ showthread.php?t=149585&highlight=wine+installer
In response to Flame Sage
I already have WINE configured, in the select operating system I have it as WindowsXP and loads other windows programs fine - uTorrent, Quake II etc (whoa, that's old!) You mentioned the pager and dreamseeker crashing due to text troubles, maybe there's a lib somewhere for fixing the problem?
In response to Talion Knight
It has to do with WINE trying to Emulate RichText2.0, since WINE does such a poor job in that area, BYOND crashes with most requests for the use of RichText Emulation.

I doubt there is a patch for this, otherwise, WINE would have fixed it by now, but there working on it!