ID:260679

I think an optional delay on an individual macro might be helpful for some games. What I mean is, when you hold down a macro key, instead of calling the command associated with the macro as fast as possible, only call the command at the interval specified by the delay. (For example, once every 1.5 seconds)

Many games include things like training verbs that players hold down, but have delays on them built on in the game. For example, if a game has a verb with a second and a half cool down time, and someone holds down the key, they're actually calling that verb 20-30 times in that interval, even if all the verb does is return right away, it seems like a waste of resources if you have several players doing it. A client-side delay would probably not bog down the game as much.

Chessmaster_19 wrote:
I think an optional delay on an individual macro might be helpful for some games. What I mean is, when you hold down a macro key, instead of calling the command associated with the macro as fast as possible, only call the command at the interval specified by the delay. (For example, once every 1.5 seconds)

You can do this already, just use the press and release macros. When you press the key down, start a loop that repeats an action as often as you want, then end the loop when the key is released.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
You can do this already, just use the press and release macros. When you press the key down, start a loop that repeats an action as often as you want, then end the loop when the key is released.

The only problem with this is that the key-ups can get discarded on occasion, especially if players are spamming a multitude of inputs at once. They can also be avoided by simply deselecting the dream seeker window while the key is being held down, and then releasing it.